RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:34:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGen's Top 20 Sega Saturn/TurboGrafx 16 games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RFGen's Top 20 Sega Saturn/TurboGrafx 16 games  (Read 9116 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 07:27:41 AM »

Forgot to post my list:

Turbo Grafx-16:

1. Neutopia
2. Bonk's AdventureThis is the pack in game that should have happened and part of the reason, I believe, that the Turbo Grafx-16 failed.  Bonk is a great platformer with colorful graphics and great sound with many silly bosses.  This is a definite play on the Turbo Grafx-16.
3. Bloody Wolf
4. Splatterhouse
5. Final Lap Twin This is a unique racing game with a twist! You race cars but it's a racing RPG.  You race other drivers and gain money to buy upgrades and there are even bosses.  On top of this mode, there are two other modes of racing.  One is like a practice mode and another is Grand Prix racing for points.  It really need to be played to see the uniqueness of this game.
6. J.J. and Jeff
7. Pac-Land
8. The Legendary Axe
9. Keith Courage in Alpha Zone
10. Boxy Boy

Saturn:

1. Clockwork Knight In my opinion, this is the best platformer on the system that I played.  I played this game for hours and hours and when I eventually beat it, I went back for more.  I'm not sure what keeps bringing me back to this game but this is a platformer you need to try.
2. Quake This is the first game I got when I got my Saturn and I was not disappointed.  I played this game to death and beat it multiple times.  That just goes to show you how this game kept me coming back for more and how great this game is.
3. College Slam
4. Blazing Dragons
5. The Mansion of the Hidden Souls
6. NiGHTS into Dreams...
7. Resident Evil
8. Die Hard Trilogy
9. Bug!
10. Myst

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 05:45:51 PM »

Oh, top Saturn games. I can't pass up on this one. No surprise, but as all the games Crabmaster and Shaggy listed are good, my list also has some of the same titles.

1.) Fighters Megamix  Played it 'til my thumbs hurt. Can't say that about any other game.
2.) Guardian Heroes  Was a blast for both the story and playing with friends
3.) The House of the Dead  Probably enjoyed it more than I should have
4.) Shining the Holy Ark  Loved the atmosphere and visuals
5.) NiGHTS into Dreams...  Such a joy and fondly remembered
6.) Shining Wisdom  Nice atmosphere and had a lot of fun
7.) Torico  Felt like a spiritual successor to The Mansion of the Hidden Souls
8.) Tomb Raider  Great atmosphere and gameplay for the time
9.) Die Hard Arcade  Lot of fun with friends, played through multiple times
10.) Sim City 2000  Played a lot of this and Theme Park

Damn that's tricky trying to narrow it down to a top 10...

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 07:02:46 PM »

The problem for me with the Saturn was that I haven’t played many Saturn (or Turbo) games so, yes, I’m sure there are better games then what’s on my list but I haven’t played them so I couldn’t list them.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2020, 01:28:59 AM »

Even so, all the games you did list I have played and would recommend people play. Except College Slam, I haven't played that one, so couldn't comment on it.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length