RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:34:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Gravelrama 35 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gravelrama 35  (Read 1937 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: September 08, 2005, 07:25:27 PM »

The last weekend of August, I spent about 60 hours working for my uncle's new TV production company, Collins Production Group.  We spent five days at Gravelrama 35, an annual racing event in Cleves, OH.  There are four days of 4x4 racing: junior racing and uphill drags on Friday, flat drags on Saturday, the big (70 feet at a 70 degree andle) eliminator hill Sunday, and the obstacle course Monday.  There is a great range of vehicles, all organized into classes.  I think the most powerful cars are about 4,000 horsepower and can get to about 120 mph over the course of 100 yards of gravel.  Standing next to them when they take off is intense, and you can literally feel it even 30 yards away inside the TV trailer.  I would like to be able to post photos of the event, but I was so busy working that I had time to take exactly zero in the 58 hours I spent there.

Anyway, I made a simple website for my uncle.  Not all of it is exactly what I would have done, but I'm not the customer.  Keep in mind also that this is far from complete as my uncle's schedule in the TV business doesn't exactly provide for a lot of aide in getting me what he wants.  

One of his friends is supposedly having trouble getting to the site, and he also claims to have problems with the video on the page being REALLY screwed up.  I am getting no problems in any of the browsers I have tried, nor operating systems.

So, I call upon you guys.  If you would be so kind, go to http://www.collinsproductiongroup.com and let me know if A.) the site loads completely and quickly, and B.) that the video clips on the "DVD Sales" page play fine without corruption and whatnot.  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, the site IS public (obviously), so please don't submit bogus mailing list info.  It will just waste my uncle's time, and I am trying to do him a favor here, rather than the opposite.  If however you are actually interested in the production, feel free to sign up.  I'm sure my uncle would be glad.

http://www.collinsproductiongroup.com
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:27:47 PM by admin » Logged

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 11:59:02 PM »

It works fine for me with firefox and windows xp.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 02:08:10 AM »

Sounds like Gravelrama was awesome...I have to check out one of those events sometime as well - I love races Smiley

I checked the site out with Netscape 7.2 as well as Internet Explorer both on Windows XP Pro SP2...and no problems whatsoever.

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 05:48:52 AM »

Worked fine here.   The problem was most likely on his end anyways, be it a virus, spyware or user ignorance.  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 06:07:36 AM »

That's what I told him too, but I just wanted to get a few other people to check so that I can give him evidence of this.  Thanks for checking the site, guys.  I really appreciate it.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 10:03:36 AM »

In case he wants more verification, it works wonderfully.

Good Job Mike.

Hello World.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

That looks pretty damn cool.

And Yea everything worked fine here too.
Newest version of FireFox.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 11:58:47 AM »

Nice work. and I had no problems either, though only tried it in IE 6.

NDiddy
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 01:57:46 PM »

Saw it perfectly in firefox and mozilla suite.

[img width=360 height=72]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/netwetty/ndiddycopy.jpg[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 06:09:49 PM »

Thanks again everyone.  I appreciate the confirmations.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length