RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:46:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Limited Run Games partnumbers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Limited Run Games partnumbers  (Read 4187 times)
kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: February 09, 2022, 04:58:32 AM »

Limited Run games have too many partnumbers. On a regular PS4 game case there's:
1) an 'LR'-code on the spine
2) another tiny number string on the spine
3) an 'MRLR' code on the back
4) a 'CUSA'-code on the disc
(and that's omitting a couple less prominent ones)

So I was thinking of what standards would be good for these releases because up till now most database contributors will put down one or more out of 1-3, then I'll unwrap my copy and add the CUSA-code since that's standard for non-LRG PS4 releases. They're the only ones I can think of who don't put the CUSA-##### on the spine so it's no wonder collectors who keep their games sealed don't know it. But having all 4, meaning "CUSA-03749 / LR-P246 / 2105591 / MRLR-0364-CVR" is overkill and I don't like deleting info other editors have provided. Also, IIRC, having too long a string even means it'll get cut short once the approval process is finished. So I was hoping to get some input for what the standard here should be, suggesting CUSA-##### for the sake of keeping a standard, and LR because that number band on the spine is the most easily spotted one.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 09:08:07 AM »

so I *think* the MRLR is a part number for the artwork insert but I could be wrong?  In any case, I never add that to the entry.  The CUSA would be the Sony part number for the whole release. It's not just LRG but for some reason, all NTSC games stopped having them on the spine.  They are only on the spine still on non NTSC games. I'm not exactly sure what the "tiny number" is on the spine but it seems to be another part number for the release as all releases have it in addition to the CUSA on the disc.  and as you said, the LR number is the internal LRG number for the release.  SLG and EAS does this too.

Personally, I do the LR number / tiny number / CUSA if I've opened my game to see it.  I don't think the MRLR is needed.

kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 03:30:09 PM »

all NTSC games stopped having them on the spine.  They are only on the spine still on non NTSC games.

That's news to me, but I guess I've been pretty loyal to PEGI-releases this gen. Had a look and sure enough - my only US import with a CUSA-spine is the very early 8th gen http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-215-S-00860-A
And yeah I think the MRLR-codes are for different parts of the package, like inserts and inlays and so on. Even the discs get one.

Hard to decide anything for sure, but I'm curious what others have as an approach on it. Because the only actual problem, and I don't recall where I saw this happen, but I'm almost certain submission fields get cut off at some point. Maybe it was some time where I tried to list too many developers or publishers? Kinda like this one http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=E-072-S-14040-A

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length