RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:06:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Purdue University Tour 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Purdue University Tour  (Read 1309 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 02, 2005, 04:41:34 PM »

Purdue University is a public university located in West Lafayette, Indiana.  It was founded in 1869 as a land grant institution and is known for its reasearch, Agricultural and Engineering programs.  Purdue has a total enrollment of 69,044 (system wide) students this year, making it the largest university system in the United States. About 38,000 of those students go to school at the West Lafayette campus, making it one of the largest single universities in the US.  

A campus map:

Hovde Hall of Administration and the Purdue Bell Tower:

Civil engineering teaching statue:

Statues on the Purdue Memorial Union:

The Union:

University Building, Purdue's first building:

Statues on Elliot Hall:

The new Alumni Center:

Some ugly public art:

Schleman Hall:

Chemical Engineering:

Computer Science Building:

The Bell Tower:

Hovde Hall:

Recitation Building:

Engineering Mall Fountain:

Panoramas:
Purdue University Mall
Academy Park
Engineering Mall
Cary Quadrangle
Beering Fountain

Bonus:
The Court House:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 05:19:37 AM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 04:56:50 PM »

Nice pictures, did you take all those yourself?

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 06:30:15 PM »

I hear about this college all the time since I live in Indiana, but I've never actually seen it.  That's an awesome campus, and some great pictures of it as well.  Thanks for posting these; I've been wondering what Purdue was like.

- Zac

- Zac
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 06:42:57 PM »

That fountain is wicked cool!
The campus is very nice looking.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 01:03:31 AM »

Those are some cool pictures, but where are all the students???
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 05:07:42 AM »

Thanks all.

Arr - These pictures were taken on weekends, and since there is no class on the weekend, no students.  And the few that would be on campus would be at the gym or other recreational areas.  You can see students in the Academy Park and Beering Fountain panos though, as those are popular hangouts when the weather is nice.

CatchFiveBats - I only showed the nice looking buildings on campus.  Most of them are very bland 60s and 70s boxes.  The old buildings are quite nice, but they dont build them like they used to.  The new buildings seem to have had thought put into them as well, but they are often crammed into tight places and hard to get good pictures of.  I hear IU has a much prettier campus, but I still like ours. We just need some hills.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length