RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:08:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | learning Flash 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: learning Flash  (Read 1794 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: November 21, 2005, 04:38:58 PM »

ugh! just finished the first day of a 2 day crash course in Flash. it's a lot to absorb. I think I should have a basic grasp of how it works though.

my head hurts. I'm too old to be learning new tricks.

on an interesting side note the guy teaching the class is also a game developer and teaches 6 week courses in game development for the PS2 platform.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 04:40:20 PM by den68 » Logged

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 04:41:28 PM »

I had to learn how to use flash years ago when I still did this lousy crappy study. Together with a classmate I made a really lousy animation which was still good enough to pass the subject.
What will you be making?
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 06:13:32 PM »

Awesome, I had to learn a little flash in web design but I've forgotten everything about it.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 06:43:23 PM »

I would love to learn flash.  My friends and I have tons of great ideas for it, but my ADD prevents me from any real involvement in programming. :-/

- Zac

- Zac
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 02:59:22 AM »

Flash is fun, I should really start using it again.  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 10:01:21 PM »

I'm learning it to hopefully be able to spice up some of the e-commerce sites I do at work. maybe some intros or some drop downs in the navigation. I don't know yet.

We burned through fairly quickly but I think I have a rough undrstanding of how it works. now the tough part is to aply what I've learned.

hopefully I'll be able to do some stuff for RFG too. I have some ideas.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 04:22:53 PM »

Im also in the process of taking a flash class at college. Its just time consuming, not incredibly hard to learn, just takes a long time to make a finished piece of work.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 04:52:59 AM »

I would have liked to take a more prolonged class. the marathon 2 day session I took was a bit overwhelming. I am in the process of working on my first flash file though. it will take some time but I'll get there.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 04:57:15 AM »

The best way to learn flash is to just sit down and use it.  I never took a class of any sort, just went through some of the help files they provide and I can do most things pretty well.  I am not the greatest artist, so I still cant create anything that wow's people, but I keep myself happy.

The most annoying part of flash is its inability to be easily updated. There are plugins and whatnot that will allow you to dynamically change the content through an external text file, but I have never gotten into those.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length