RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:41:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Now can we declare certain victory for PSP? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Now can we declare certain victory for PSP?  (Read 10083 times)
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2006, 12:33:18 PM »

Kids can drop a DS and it'll bounce back just fine compared to a fragile PSP.

Bingo!  People always say that one of Nintendo's faults is their simple, toy-like console design, but the fact is that toys are designed to withstand the abuse kids inflict on them.  I would rather be able to still play my games in 10 years than have a system that's aesthetically pleasing right now.

- Zac
yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2006, 12:12:22 PM »

http://palgn.com.au/artic...563de47e392aa1ca4f595ec6f

According to this article, the PSP outsold the DS in USA during 2005.

According to recently released sales data, the Sony PSP outsold the Nintendo DS in America by over a million units last year, with the PSP selling 3.63 million and the DS selling 2.43 million. However, the credibility of this data has somewhat of a question mark. Both the reaction in the gaming community and the corporate community suggest that the DS has performed better than this and the PSP has performed worse than this, and the official figures from NPD even have the DS winning the year. Whatever actually happened, the DS still maintains an overal lead thanks to it's 2004 sales of over 1.5 million.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2006, 01:25:11 PM »

Yep, every kid wants a PSP to make up for their phallic shortcomings.

In something that is not in jest, it should be noted that the DS still has the lead for overall sales thanks to it 2004 sales.

Hello World.
Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2006, 08:05:01 PM »

Which begs the question Certain victory for the PSP?  I think not.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2006, 06:19:26 AM »

The PSP is better for browsing the internet or listening to MP3s.

I'll give you the MP3's, but I won't give you the web browsing.  The DS may not have web browsing capabilities (yet), but if you've actually used a PSP to browse the net, you know that no support is better than the HORRIBLE support the PSP has.  You have absolutely no idea how painful it is to type a web address in on that thing, or even how long it takes for pages to load.  Trust me....  the web browsing on PSP is not a good feature.  It's more like a festering wound.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 06:20:06 AM by admin » Logged

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2006, 08:43:42 AM »

I'll give you the MP3's, but I won't give you the web browsing.  The DS may not have web browsing capabilities (yet), but if you've actually used a PSP to browse the net, you know that no support is better than the HORRIBLE support the PSP has.  You have absolutely no idea how painful it is to type a web address in on that thing, or even how long it takes for pages to load.  Trust me....  the web browsing on PSP is not a good feature.  It's more like a festering wound.

ill second that....the web browsing was a fun gimmick for the 1st page or 2 you view.....after that it is just plain terrible....

...and i tried to load ebay on it and it couldnt load the whole page bc it said the psp memory was full.....

ill stick to my PC for the web.....that is until i get my MacBook Pro this summer....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length