RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:52:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | A question of collectability 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A question of collectability  (Read 1801 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« on: July 12, 2004, 11:14:30 AM »

Over the weekend I went to a bunch of garage sales and nearly every one that I went to had some Pokemon stuff.  This got me to thinking;  is Pokemon considered video game memoribilia or has it gone so far mainstream that it is now considered television memoribilia?  What do you guys think?
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 12:19:06 PM »

I always advertise any Pokemon video games stuff in a second non video game forum - usually a specific Pokemon forum.

I think it's just natural. Like a Dr.Who slot machine sold for a stupid amount of money on eBay, because all the sci-fi fans were bidding on it in the Dr,Who category. The coin-op collectors wouldnt have paid that much for one!

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 12:30:44 PM »

I wouldn't consider Pokemon stuff as video game or television memoribilia. sure there's loads of video games and videos but the root of it is a trading card game.

I'd say Pokemon is a category unto itself.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 06:26:27 PM »

actaually the games spawned the card game and television show, but i see what you mean, pokemon does belong in its own category

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 06:56:10 PM »

Pokemon definately needs its own category because it spreads into all dacets of media and is so wel known everywhere that it couldnt be broken into specific categories.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length