RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:33:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Monkey Island 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Monkey Island  (Read 1361 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« on: January 15, 2007, 06:15:25 PM »

Right, once we sort this out we can discuss the awesomeness that is Monkey Island.

I'm trying to install Escape From Monkey Island (MI:4) on my desktop PC but it doesn't even start the installation. I click install then it comes up with a message saying something like "Make sure _setup.DLL file and something in the _SETUP.LIB file are in the same location as setup.exe". But it's all in the same folder on the CD.

However, I installed it fine on my laptop.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »

Different operating systems?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 06:36:26 PM »

Huh this sounds like the middle of a conversation.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »

Reet, Lads.

Control Panel->System->Advanced.
Click Environment Variables button.
Change the TEMP variable in System variables box to something like C:\TEMP.

It's installing now. Cheesy

Huh this sounds like the middle of a conversation.
I really don't make any sense sometimes.

Anyway, Monkey Island is a most excellent series and they should make another one.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 10:17:43 PM »

Quality game indeed.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 10:20:55 PM »

This thread is in the running for strangest first post of 2007. But the year is young.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 09:35:15 AM »

Just thinking of monkey island makes me wanna play The Dig and Kings Quest. All three are great games.  Time to hook up the P75 and play.

cauterize
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »

James, its a good game but the other older Monkey Islands make it seem so dull and boring.
Personally i didn't think the 3D Concept/style worked what so ever, the character movement was clumsy and i found myself running in circles literally to get around.
The humour wasn't as funny as the older ones either and quite a few of the in jokes of Monkey Island were slightly killed off really...
Just my opinion, but if you haven't played it and you have finished the others then at least give it a whirl!

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 02:12:27 PM »

The Curse of Monkey Island is a great game. I've played it so many times since I got my first copy in 1998. I lost the cardboard box copy ages ago then saw the DVD box version in Gamestation for 99p, so bought it without a second thought.

I haven't played too far into Escape From but it seems good so far. It's a little slow to get going, though. Certainly not as good as The Curse Of.

I'm probably going to get a cheap or free Secret of Monkey Island soon. I'm doing some work for someone involving a storage unit and I noticed they had three PC games from 1996 in there. The 7th Guest, The Secret of Monkey Island and some other one. They had HMV stickers on them saying "£9.99 Buy two get one free. Offer valid until 31st of December 1996".
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 02:14:01 PM by James » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length