RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 06:21:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 156024 times)
Ikariniku
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #1665 on: May 12, 2018, 02:35:53 AM »

Astyanax (NES) is a good game. Great story, great music, great action.  It's still cheap to get a cart, so I recommend anyone with an NES do so.

ErbBetaPatched
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1666 on: May 14, 2018, 01:40:08 PM »

Been getting back into Old School Runescape. Mostly skilling at the moment.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1667 on: May 15, 2018, 08:49:35 AM »

Astyanax (NES) is a good game. Great story, great music, great action.  It's still cheap to get a cart, so I recommend anyone with an NES do so.

Seconded! It can be frustrating at times, because of the large character sprite, but this is one of the few NES games I own CIB, and it's well worth a look.

Disposed Hero
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1668 on: May 15, 2018, 09:21:22 AM »

Yakuza 6 - I've been making a lot of progress in this game.  It has really grown on me a lot.  I feel like this entry is more of a 'slow burn' than previous games in the series, and it feels like you unlock more and more activities and side stories as you progress.  I don't really like the whole Troublr concept they added to the game, but I think that's my only real complaint right now.

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - I finally put a little more time into this game.  I really like it a lot, I just wish I could fix the camera controls the way I want them.  I like to play with the Y-axis inverted and the X-axis normal, but there are only options to invert both or neither, so camera control is awkward for me no matter what I do.  But I love that this game has a leveling system (opposed to Lament of Innocence which didn't), and the familiars are really cool too.  It makes the game have more of an RPG feel to it like SOTN which I felt was sorely lacking from Lament of Innocence.  There is also weapon/armor crafting which is kinda neat without becoming a pain like it does in many other games.

Hidden Agenda - So this was the game for this weekend's co-op game night with my two friends.  People like to throw around the term 'interactive movie' when talking about Telltale games, Quantic Dream games, etc., but I've never really liked that term because I still feel like I'm playing a game and not watching a movie.  Hidden Agenda however, really does feel like an interactive movie.  You watch the game play out and the group makes choices and attempts the occasional QTE along the way.  It was interesting, but the story was a bit predictable (at least the way it played out for us).

Final Fight 2 - Since my friend and I recently finished Final Fight CD and really enjoyed it, we decided to play through the sequel.  Still a fun game, but we both enjoyed the original much more.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:32:32 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1669 on: May 17, 2018, 08:57:07 AM »

In preparation for Shmup Club, I have been putting time into the Game Boy version of R-Type. I didn't score a 1CC last night, but what I DID manage was to beat the game on 2 credits, both loops!

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length