RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2018, 02:33:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 190331 times)
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1620 on: December 02, 2018, 08:20:08 PM »

I visited my mother today and she was watching a Christmas movie from 1996 called A Different Kind of Christmas starring Shelley Long and Barry Bostwick.  I didn't pay much attention, but all of a sudden I heard the familiar sound of DK Island Swing.  I look, and Barry Bostwick and the child lead are playing Donkey Kong Country on an SNES. 

Barry and the kid talk about the game nonspecifically ("Is your mom any good at this game?"  "She stinks!"), and, amazingly, Barry's use of the controller looked natural and appropriate, not flailing and obviously fake as is often the case.  Just a weird gaming moment injected into my day.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length