RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:06:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | World of Warcraft 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 4049 times)
blissfulnoise
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 09:10:25 PM »

Yeah, it can happen but the higher level players normally don't screw with the lower level players.  If a level 60 kills a level 10, they get an unhonorable kill.  If you get enough unhonorable kills your faction will turn on you and you will be attacked on sight by everyone.

This isn't accurate.  The only way to earn a dishonorable kill is to kill NPCs that "cons grey" to you (meaning you're 11+ levels greater than they are).  And at no point will you be attacked by NPCs or PCs of your own faction, regardless of dishonorable kills.  All a dishonorable kill does is take away honor from your earned honor for the week.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Killing another player, regardless of the level difference will never result in a dishonorable kill.  However, you will not get any honor for killing another player 11+ levels lower than you.  You'll just get a smile out of it for making that Night Elf suffer while he's trying to farm quest items in the Wetlands.

I think originally Blizzard intended for the honor system to be more robust, but it didn't pan out as they planned.  Instead, accruing honor allows you to go up in ranks similar to a military hierarchy and will allow you to purchase items from provisioners based off of your earned rank.  The actual system of how to earn rank is fairly complex and can require tremendous amounts of time in order to reach the upper echelons, but the rewards are definitely worth it.

"Be proud of what we make you do.", Master Shake, SGC2C: Baffler Meal
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 11:11:22 PM »

Thanks for all the info blissfulnoise.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 05:55:06 AM »

This isn't accurate.  The only way to earn a dishonorable kill is to kill NPCs that "cons grey" to you (meaning you're 11+ levels greater than they are).  And at no point will you be attacked by NPCs or PCs of your own faction, regardless of dishonorable kills.  All a dishonorable kill does is take away honor from your earned honor for the week.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Killing another player, regardless of the level difference will never result in a dishonorable kill.  However, you will not get any honor for killing another player 11+ levels lower than you.  You'll just get a smile out of it for making that Night Elf suffer while he's trying to farm quest items in the Wetlands.

I think originally Blizzard intended for the honor system to be more robust, but it didn't pan out as they planned.  Instead, accruing honor allows you to go up in ranks similar to a military hierarchy and will allow you to purchase items from provisioners based off of your earned rank.  The actual system of how to earn rank is fairly complex and can require tremendous amounts of time in order to reach the upper echelons, but the rewards are definitely worth it.

I could've sworn that I heard somewhere that killing players signifigantly lower than you counted as a dishonorable kill.  Eh, I probably confused that with the levels for NPC's.  I don't really take the time to read about the games I'm playing.  I just jump in and stumble my way through.  That's probably why I seem unable to chat properly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length