RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:26:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | what should i do? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what should i do?  (Read 1121 times)
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« on: July 10, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »

i have a website (you can read what it is at the bottom).  you see, my grandma and grandpa work in an apartment building thats about 2 blocks away from there house.  its not a nursing home, but its for people on welfare.  my grandpa and grandma are 82 and 72 years old, and these people are 50-93, and i always here crazy stories about them.  i put them on this website.  the problem is, my great-aunt lives there.  she doesnt know about the site, but she recently got back from a 4 month stay at the nursing home, and while she was at the nursing home she called my grandma and grandpa every day saying that they should go take care of her birds that were still at the apartments.  feed her birds. get them fresh water.  turn on the air conditioner for them.  go back and adjust the air conditioner.  turn it off, its to cold, i just know it is.  go back and turn the birds CD (yes, the birds do have a music CD) on and then turn the air conditioner back on again.  well for the last 3 days my grandpa and dad had to go there to her apartment and help her out of her wheelchair becuz she was stuck in it all night.  this morning my dad was at work, my grandpa was at the grocery store, so my grandma had to walk there.  it was only 2 blocks, but it was raining, thundering and lightning out.  she called the ambulance when she got there and my grandpa on the cell phone (he didnt know how to answer it, but she had also left a note at home).  my aunt had been dehydrated and not ate in 2 days.  she is in emergency care right now and might die.  the thing is, is i was going to write a story about how crazy she is but i dont know if i should do it.what do you guys think?  it kind of sucks cuz what if she dies never knowing that a story was written about how strange she was that some weird-assed little kid written? i dont know.  what should i do?  the site is freewebs.com/oldladystory.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 01:52:48 PM by ganonbanned » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 02:06:39 PM »

Eh write the story if you want.

If you write it and she dies and you feel bad you have not properly desensitized yourself to the world around you.

We went thru a kinda similair thing with my grandfather (but he was living with us) and his wife(my step grandmother i guess? who lives in a nursing home). But ours was much more long term(1.5-2 years) and it was a daily thing.

David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:58:04 PM »

If you loose someone while you are young, it is a lot easier when you are older.

I have some stories about my job in fast food, and I am very desensitized to the world around me. I actually feel bad if someone dies, or they have a misfortune, but I can not display much, if any emoition. Hell, I'm not suprised if anything happens anymore. If I got fired at my job I woudn't be suprised, or if we rehired another skank from before. Shit, you can say the same about ANYTHING.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length