RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:56:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Generation nex 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Generation nex  (Read 959 times)
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:30:40 AM »

I just wanted to get some opinions on the generation nex console by messiah. I was at local hastings when i noticed that they are selling them for 60 bucks. They also had the wireless controllers for 30 or 40 i can't remember. I have seen them on the internet and i have always wondered if it was a good console. Does anyone own one?
Tan
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:46:06 AM »

I don't own one myself but from what I know and have read from the reviews is that it's a Nes-on-a-chip like the Famiclones, so it has the same quirks and issues that they do. And most will probably tell you your better off buying a re-conditioned toaster or a top loader instead.
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 10:53:39 AM »

i won one at the cinciclassic back in the spring, and as far as famiclones go, they are very well built and designed.  though im not sure if i would spend 60 bucks on one.

it is nice to have though if you have any famicom carts, as standard famicoms are RF only, and while NTSC is the same standard in both japan and the us, the rf attachment on famicoms will not work on a regular US TV
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »

Alright, thanks everyone! I have a top loader nes already, but the generation nex would be nice simple for the fact that it plays famicom carts. I've been wanting to get a copy of Sweet Home for awhile. I wouldnt pay the 60 bucks for it either, i'll just wait and see if the price drops later. Thanks again
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length