RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:35:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Feat. Game 8.27.06: Mortal Kombat 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Feat. Game 8.27.06: Mortal Kombat  (Read 2715 times)
DogBoneNES
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 11:49:37 PM »

I thought there was green and purple crap instead.

Nah it's suppose to be "Sweat" colored purple/green with the game genie...

[img width=175 height=143]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Akumajo22/CV3.gif[/img]
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »

This is one of the big reasons for me loving Sega of the 90s, gore in the form of MK or Splatter House.
I loved to show up my SNES owning mates whenever I got the chance, but there was one thing this version on the SNES did have that the MD version did not believe it or not.

I have always been artistic, and played a lot of attention to detail, and beauty. Shadows, background, doesn't matter what it is,at some point, I have admired it, or disliked it. And there was that one thing the SNES version had, a true Sub-Zero stance. Sub-Zero's stance on the MD was just a recoloured Scorpion.

Also since MK is the game of the week, I'll use this opportunity to ask any one who has a PAL MKT for Saturn how much $ ?

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 09:56:39 AM »

I remember first playing MK at the Red Baron arcade on Telegraph Road here in Michigan.

@Den68, remember that place?

Standing right next to it was SF2, which I could never get down the timing to play well. But when I saw a player pull off a fatality on MK, I thought "WHOA!" and started dropping quarters into the game. Most of the time, I'd get clobbered, but those moments when I'd win and be able to pull off the Sub-Zero spine pull fatality were most satisfying.

I never owned the SNES version. I had the Genesis.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length