RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:55:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Featured Game: Amplitude - 9/24/07 to 10/1/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Featured Game: Amplitude - 9/24/07 to 10/1/07  (Read 1237 times)
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:05:34 AM »

[img width=250 align=right]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/games/U-072/bf/U-072-S-00070-A.jpg[/img]
Amplitude

Console:PS2
Region:U
Year:2003
RFG ID #:U-072-S-00070-A
Part #:SLUS 97258
UPC:711719725824
Publisher:SCEA
Developer:Harmonix
Rating:Teen (ESRB) Mild Lyrics
Genre:Music/Rhythm
Players:1-2
Controller:Standard Controller
Media Format:DVD

Let's take a look at Amplitude.  Here we have a great soundtrack, great gameplay, and great graphics.  So why don't more people know about this game?  It has all the ingredients to be one of the better games in it's genre.  Does it lack hype?  Advertising?  Gameplay?  The people that know this game, for the most part, love it.  I enjoy it a bunch.  In fact, I can pick it up every few months and still get 5-10 hours of gameplay out of it.

What do you think?  Ever play it?  Want to?  Discuss.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:37:06 AM by Tynstar » Logged

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:44:02 AM »

Oh dear God yes! Amplitude is AMAZING!

So why don't more people know about this game?  It has all the ingredients to be one of the better games in it's genre.  Does it lack hype?  Advertising?  Gameplay?
Back in the day it definitely lacked both hype and any type of promotion. The only way I knew about the game when I picked it up in 2003 was because of a very good demo on one of the Official Playstation Magazine demo discs (or was it a Playstation UnderGround mailing?).

Let me just say right now that if you like Guitar Hero, you should definitely try this game out, because it plays exactly the same as Guitar Hero, but on a controller.

I also recommend tracking down Frequency, the "prequel" to Amplitude, as it is also quite good.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »

Oh dear God yes! Amplitude is AMAZING!

So why don't more people know about this game?  It has all the ingredients to be one of the better games in it's genre.  Does it lack hype?  Advertising?  Gameplay?
Back in the day it definitely lacked both hype and any type of promotion. The only way I knew about the game when I picked it up in 2003 was because of a very good demo on one of the Official Playstation Magazine demo discs (or was it a Playstation UnderGround mailing?).

Let me just say right now that if you like Guitar Hero, you should definitely try this game out, because it plays exactly the same as Guitar Hero, but on a controller.

I also recommend tracking down Frequency, the "prequel" to Amplitude, as it is also quite good.

And therein lies the problem. Guitar Hero on a controller sucks ass. It's easier to appreciate Amplitude and Frequency if you've played them before GH came out, it's hard going back sans guitar and playing a game like that when you know what the genre is capable of.

Either way anyone can still appreciate these games for what they've done to pioneer and innovate.
BadKarm
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:16:36 AM »

I love Amplitude and Frequency. I also love the GH series, Guitarooman, Parappa and Lammy series, Rez, EBA, Ouendan, Karaoke Rev, DDR.

Rhythm games have a definite place in the gaming world, whether it be by the main stream or a cult, they will always be around.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/BadKarma.png[/img]
[img width=500 height=70]http://raptr.com/badge/vorpalcyberwolf/fss_overall.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:04:23 PM »

I played Frequency so i knew to pick this one up.

I was able to get a limited release demo too. Came with POD cd. I don't remember which cd it was though...

In anycase awesome awesome game Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length