RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:44:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Last Gamer YouTube 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Last Gamer YouTube  (Read 3108 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: August 12, 2017, 06:35:44 PM »

Has anyone seen a guy on you tuning Australia called Last Gamer?

If you haven't I could best describe him as someone who obviously loves games but might be taking things a bit too far.

He's got an absolutely massive collection. Full sets of both Japanese, US and/or Australian games for most systems plus a loads of computers and loads of arcade machines. All this has been set up in his giant and ever growing house.

What I don't understand is the need for it all. It's like he can't spend money fast enough. Giant room filled with the games, room filled with all the systems, two rooms with arcade and pinball machines topped off with a cinema and ongoing building work on yet another house extension.

Don't get me wrong I'm not jealous. I've long given up on 'just buying games', there's too many I'll never play so why own them. This guy would need ten lifetimes to get through even a quarter of the stuff he's got, what's the point in having it all? (and he's got loads of doubles). 
Tbh It's a little bit like seeing one of those guys on American Pickers who horde tons of crap getting started but as this guy has money it's all inside and clean :-)

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:50 AM »

I've seen his room tour a year or more ago. Really impressive. Honestly if I had the money and space I'd probably be doing something similar. It's not just about playing all the games. It's fun to collect and organize also. Plus the space he has set up allows for multiple people to play different systems at different times and from the sounds of it he has several buddies that drop by to play things and take advantage of his massive library. Would be cool to just know him well enough to pop by for an afternoon and play some rarities or imports.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »

The drive to collect is an interesting one.  As a collector of music CD's, vinyl albums, and video games, I vacillate at times, as to whether or not my collection efforts are fruitful, or worth my time.  As Crabby said, collecting can be fun, especially if you find stuff out in the wild that is rare or expensive, and you pay very little for it, or stumble across interesting things at garage sales, swap meets, thrift stores, etc.  I've reached a point with my collection where I have more games than I could ever realistically play through.  What I like about that is the choice: I can choose to play most anything, so if a particular genre is what I'm presently interested in, at any given time, I might have between 10 and 100 games in that genre to choose from.  Some of those will be old favorites I played as a child, while some will be completely new to me, as games I've just stumbled upon randomly while out hunting for new games.  For some, it's the challenge of finding and acquiring all the games of a particular console, or subset.  I enjoy that, and am actively engaged in trying to get complete collections for a couple systems.  In some ways, it's also an investment.  I'm collecting PS2 and Xbox games right now, as well as Xbox 360 and PS3 stuff, as the last 2 viable generations of systems where most games still ran from the disc, even if they often received patches and fixes to make them run better.  I'm getting this stuff incredibly inexpensively, and in 10-15 years' time, when the nostalgia for those systems begins to bubble up back to the surface, I may be able to turn some of that stuff around for a little extra money.  If not, I will continue to have a vast array of games to choose from, assuming I am still able to do so at that point.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:28:18 PM »

I dunno man, it sounds like this dude it living out my dreams by having the money and time to keep expanding his house more and more to build-up a massive, privately owned gaming museum.

I say that because if some freak miracle ever made me rich, buying a big house and starting up my own personal gaming nirvana would be my "stupid rich guy being extravagant and extra" vice.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 07:20:35 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean.  If I was independently wealthy, and didn't have to work, I'd spend my time collecting, making YouTube videos about it (more than I already do), and just reveling in all the gaming goodness that surrounded me.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length