RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:29:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Trade-in prices for R.O.B.!?!?! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trade-in prices for R.O.B.!?!?!  (Read 2474 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: August 21, 2004, 08:59:58 AM »

This is very benificial to me but at the sametime it was tragic. I called 8 "specialty" stores two said he could give me nothing, another asked if it was a game because they didn't have it listed, 2 said $5 store credit and one directed me to the store that thought it was a game and still 2 more had never even heard of it.
Does any one know the real value of a complete R.O.B?
I should soon be picking one up with approx. 30 or so more NES games and i would like to iron out the details of what i am getting and what it could really be worth. The person i am getting these from thinks everything he has must be worth exponentally more than he payed for it because it is so old. But it hasnt taken much to prove to him so far that games like Ice Hockey dont mature in value.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 10:07:34 AM »

sell it to me!!!! Smiley

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 07:19:30 AM »

No, sell it to me!  I'll even offer a woman in the deal!

But seriously, according to a video game rarity book that I have right now, it should go for about $25.  If it's mint I would say it should go as high as 35.
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 07:20:17 AM »

whats ROB?

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 09:18:42 AM »

that robot thingy that works with the NES.

Why not list it on eBay, via .co.uk, as will ship to UK only, making clear of the postage costs, and your location, payment methods etc

I reckon you'll get a helluva lot more than $25 for it!

20 GOTO 10

RUN
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 01:17:42 PM »

whats ROB?

R.O.B. is the Robotic Operating Buddy. As far as i know it only worked with 2 games.
I checked Ebay because i knew he wouldnt give up easily. and on the US ebay they had 5 of them for 15 bucks. One got up to 22.50 that i saw. Thanks everyone for the info. Especially Sauza.
By the way whats the name of your game book?

Knowing all this i will ask the guy at the shop for theres. If a can get it i will probably be willing to trade it to whoever wants it here.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 08:42:14 AM »

It's the Video Game Bible.  I hope it's not taboo to mention it.  Smiley
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 10:45:44 PM »

DP guide says $15 and DP guide prices are more widely accepted within the collecting community. If you were buying it from a collector you'd prolly pay around $10.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 10:51:31 PM »

I'm just buying from a nieghbor who is only going to get the prices from the most local stores. Which are the ones who knew nothing or offered 0 trade in. So i get a good deal if he ever gets ahold of me again.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 07:25:51 AM »

The DP guide is very good for rarity, but I've noticed that the prices they have listed are usually a little on the cheap side.  Not that I mind.  That just means that stores that go online to find out how much something is worth will give it to me for less.
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 08:07:30 AM »

well, If Isaw a R.O.B in a retro store, i'd be willing to maybe spend about £30 on it, or if I had instore credit from junk trade ins, even more than that.

20 GOTO 10

RUN
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 09:31:44 AM »

Yeah, I gotta agree with Sauza on the rarity/price thing with DP.  Their prices are definitely very low, especially as compared to Cincinnati prices.  

The VGB guide is a lot closer to what I think are fair prices (except for some of the really high-end items, which I think we priced too high), but I worked on the thing so you could say I'm biased.  (Of course, I still don't completely recommend getting one because HUNDREDS of corrections I made never made it to the final print copy, and the thing is chock full of mistakes.)

As for guides like Manci Games and Video Game Collector - I think these are really hit and miss.  Some of their prices are RIDICULOUSLY high - sometimes double or triple what a game is actually worth - and sometimes the prices are spot on.  Almost never do they price games too low.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 09:56:31 AM »

well, mint sealed Jet Set Willy for the Zx-Spectrum sold for £100 on eBay a couple of times. Then on the World of Spectrum forums, as chap posted that he had a warehouse full of spectrum games to selll.

About one quarter of a million games across many systems, mostly tapes.
There were thousands of Jet Set Willys in that lot, and they now sell for about £2 on eBay.

20 GOTO 10

RUN
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length