RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:11:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Smash Bros. Brawl 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 28322 times)
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:54:14 PM »

I'm riled up for this.

Who's coming back?

Who's new?

Specualtions? Opinions? Fandom? Let's have it.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »

I would like to get it even though fighters are not my thing. I have played the N64 version a few times.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:24:03 PM »

Give Melee a shot. Definately the best out of the two.

That is until Brawl comes out.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »

They will probably bring everyone back from the last one(s).
I was kinda surprised to see Snake but apparently Konami approached Nintendo too late during Melee to have him worked in.
Honestly its just strange...

Sonic and/or Knuckles would be cool. I remember rumors running rampant about them being in Melee.

I know Wario is getting added so i won't be surprised to see Waluigi or other characters from the Wario series.

I just kinda hope they stop adding new playable Pokemon....

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 01:34:43 PM »

I've played SSBMelee and it seemed like a lot of over-hyperpaced button-mashing.

Granted, I didn't read the instruction book or anything so if I try it again it's entirely possible I may like it...but it's not high on my list of games to play at the moment.  Undecided

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:51:23 PM »

Yea you can get away with button mashing.

I started seeing the depth in it about a year before i joined the Gameclub at STCC.
But those kids took it to a whole new level.

Wave dashing, timing button presses and counters within a certain number of frames, infinite bomb jumping/homing grapplebeam with Samus, reflecting all projectiles with the shields. Proving and disproving a tier system (christ almighty i hate hearing about tiers to this day.)

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 02:00:46 PM »

But those kids took it to a whole new level.

Wave dashing, timing button presses and counters within a certain number of frames, infinite bomb jumping/homing grapplebeam with Samus, reflecting all projectiles with the shields. Proving and disproving a tier system (christ almighty i hate hearing about tiers to this day.)

I have no idea what you just said other than that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY over my head...  speechless

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 02:07:13 PM »

There is a lot of skill that can be placed in Super Smash Bros. or its later incarnation, Melee. If you play against someone with skill and you are a button masher you will be beaten.

Looking forward to Brawl. Definitely tops the want list.

Hello World.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »

I <3 the N64 version.  I got the gamecube version when it first came out (I remember it being somewhat controversial in my house by my mom for the T rating, ridiculous if you ask me),  I dont like it as much.  I dont know why.  probably because there are only a few good characters, alot of them they just dumped in there because they were nintendo.  Like I dont think we need Pichu, or mr. game and watch, dr. mario, falco or ice climbers.  thats just obscure and extremely ridiculous.  They were all clones of other characters, and I bet that half of the kids playing never heard of them with maybe the exception of pichu.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »

Pichu - is pretty lame
mr. game and watch - rocks(catch projectiles and throw them back at them with combined force!?!?!?!)
dr. mario - is my character. i love caping people as they waste a triple jump to reach the ledge only to be turned away from grasp.
falco - fast and powerful and has a sweet weapons/shield.
ice climbers - carry and use 2 weapons at the same time? ROCKS

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 03:39:06 PM »

Mr. Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers were not clones, and they were rather engaging players to use. That having been said, I'll be greatly saddened if Ness doesn't make a return.

Hello World.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 09:09:58 PM »

Ness was pretty sweet.

I will honestly be dissapointed if all of them don't return.

Even though i didn't personally like all the characters they all added their own unique dynamic to the game.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 12:10:47 AM »

My calls for who's coming back other than Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Fox and Kirby:

Yoshi- They've already shown a Yoshi stage so he's an automatic in.

DK- You just can't have a Nintendo fighting game without DK. 'Nuff said.

Zelda/Sheik- They were very popular in Melee and frankly I would be shocked f they didn't return.

Captain Falcon- Again, very popular and an absolute powerhouse with ridiculous speed. No way he's getting left out.

Ness- I feel as though he's a underdog for return, but he's got a very loyal fanbase that would castrate Sakurai if he wasn't put in.

Ice Climbers- One of the more unique characters, unique enough to have a second go.

Peach- A surefire addition due to her Mario mainstay status, the same as....

Luigi- ...this guy. Impossible to have Smash without them.

Bowser- As painfully slow as he was, the Mario franchise portion of Smash needs a villain.

Falco- I will be SEVERLEY dissapointed if Falco is not in Brawl. He also happened to be the best character in Melee.

Marth- The best player in the USA uses Marth. Although if not for wavedashing Marth would actually suck really bad.

Jigglypuff- Probably the biggest underdog for return. But you can be sure there won't just be one Pokemon in the game.

The Rejects

As for the rest....I heard from a source that Sakurai is not putting in any "clones" in Brawl, so unless they change everyone's move lists, that automatically cancels out Young Link, Ganondorf, Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu (the worst character ever).

Mewtwo was the second worst chracter in Melee, jokingly dubbed as "The Unfinished Character", so bye-bye.

Game And Watch was a unique character, but unfortunately I don't think he has enough pull from the fans to be considered for Brawl.

The Requests

Fighters I'd like to see:

Sonic- There is a game coming out in 2008 with Mario and Sonic in the same game, so he'd be a logical pick. Besides, Sega, Namco and Nintendo have the "TriForce" thing going on.

Simon Belmont- The legendary whip-wielding hero from Castlevania would be a fresh choice, maybe using those Holy Water and Cross subweapons for "B" attacks.

Derek Stiles- A unique choice from Trauma Center, maybe using forceps and a bandage attack that paralyzes opponents. He would basically be the new Dr. Mario.

Cooking Mama- An oddity character that would use kitchen items (probably no knives, though) and food as attacks. If they could make Game And Watch work, they can make her work, too.

Arthur- Ghosts 'N Goblins, the heyday of NES. If they can ressurect Pit they may as well get this guy out of retirement.

And that's all I got for now. I tried to stick to games I've played, but I have seen some other intersting choices.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 05:30:53 AM »

If this hold any truth I've finally given up on  SEGA ever being the same again, and my Saturn collection is now on sale.
[img width=322 height=204]http://www.fileden.com/public/2007/2/12/45d0ff57e4f11167205682.gif[/img]
One crossover game was bad enough... but two... well that's me saying farewell SEGA

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 05:58:58 AM »

If memory serves the opening of that vid is when MetaKnight enters and if you really analyze that video far to much changes in each cut.

I think it is fake.
But i would still like to see Sonic/Knuckles/Robotnick(NOT EGGMAN grrrrr......) in there.
Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length