RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:34:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Smash Bros. Brawl 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 28340 times)
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2008, 09:31:30 PM »

Smash Brothers is very heavily hyped mind you, there needs to be more awareness of No More Heroes. No More Heroes still has my greatest interest of all the Wii library.

Well you gotta remember that Smash Bros. is made for all ages, whereas NMH is targeted to (or should be) late teens-adults. Of course Smash is gonna garner more attention, because it appeals to a larger audience. Don't get me wrong, NMH is a brilliant game (my avatar is a character *wink wink*), but I'm a Smasher at the core.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2008, 01:44:39 AM »

Smash Brothers is very heavily hyped mind you, there needs to be more awareness of No More Heroes. No More Heroes still has my greatest interest of all the Wii library.
I couldn't agree more! NMH is the best game on the Wii.

Well you gotta remember that Smash Bros. is made for all ages
Which is why it's rated T for teen right? Wink

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2008, 12:17:28 PM »

Well you gotta remember that Smash Bros. is made for all ages
Which is why it's rated T for teen right? Wink

You think parents really pay attention to those ratings? Based on everything I've seen of the game so far, there's nothing unsuitable for little kids in Smash. Hell all my little brothers play it, and they're not even in double digit ages yet. Compared with NMH, where the save screen is Travis taking a shit.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »

I was joking... Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2008, 03:58:39 PM »

Of course. :b

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2008, 01:55:18 AM »

I created a method in training mode to boost your max combo.

-Make a custom map where you can corner the comp.
-Enter training in your custom map, place the comp in your boxed-in corner.  You may want to set the speed to 2/3 to help out later.
-Spawn a smart bomb, throw it at the comp.  Be sure to be close by, if not in the explosion.
-Quickly open the menu, and continue to spawn more smart bombs.  The initial explosion should instantly trigger the next one to explode.  Continue to spawn these bombs, ensuring a little time in between each detonation.

If you did this right, you should get a high consecutive combo.  Each smart bomb deals out 32x blows, so a good chain can get you far.  My first try I got 339.  Lets see if I can top 1000.  I also have a feeling that later on, I may need to quickly reset the comps health between between bombs, because I don't know if they can get hurt at the full 999%.

UPDATE:
darn, the combo meter max'ed out at 999.

You don't need to do the health thing, and you can speed it up to 1.5 once you have it going.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:13:23 AM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2008, 03:45:22 AM »

snake snake snaaaaaaake

lol, today's update includes a special taunt that can be activated by Snake on Shadow Moses Island.  Barely tap a down taunt (normally hiding under a box) and he calls up Otacon.

This is great, the game's been out a week and a half here, and several months in Japan.  Yet, the DOJO continues to have great updates.  Excellent way to cater to your fanbase Sora!

it's thinking
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2008, 05:28:56 PM »

After playing it for a while, I can say that this is the best Smash yet. Although I disagree with taking some of the advanced techs out, it really helps to level the playing field and allows people who are confident with not-so-great characters to beat people who use good characters just because they're good.

Look at Melee- if you used Marth, Fox or Falco, you were guaranteed a win (unless you're really bad at the game). Now, some one who plays Yoshi has just as good a chance of winning as the Marth player, which is something I really admire.

Kudos to Sakurai and Sora. Thanks for making a fantastic game.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2008, 06:33:30 PM »

I have played it a bit, not nearly as much as Melee the weeks leading up to it, but it's fun. Kinda sucks how much slower it is, the lack of wavedashing (yeah, that actually bothers me, I used it a lot), and how Sheik completely sucks now. Other than that it's fun. I don't really see it being as competitive as Melee though.

Oh yeah, I use Pit. Not sure if anyone uses him but he's fairly well balanced and is a beast at edge guarding. Really funny, my brother uses Lucas and when he tries to get back on I shoot an arrow at his electric bolt which causes him to be unable to jump again or perform another attack.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »

I main Lucas and Zero Suit Samus. ZSS is what Sheik should have been in Melee- quick but not totally overpowered. I actually like that Shiek got nerfed, because now people will actually try Zelda, who was so underrated in Melee and is one of the better characters in Brawl.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »

I started using ZSS but she was just way too underpowered in my opinion. I know her speed is insane but she's just a little too weak for my liking. Toon Link seems like he might be the most unbalanced character, though not by much. They did an extremely good job balancing the characters.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 01:56:16 PM by Shimra » Logged
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »

Ness is still my favorite, Pit is #2 for me. 

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2008, 03:18:37 PM »

I have only been able to play SSBB for about an hour and a half so far, but my impressions aren't very good.  Now, the first two were killer multiplayer games, so I won't decide on it until I can get some good multiplayer action, but here are my first impressions:

The levels seem smaller, I don't really like this.  My favorite level in the last iteration of SSB was Zelda's Castle (most likely not its real name, but it's close enough.)  I liked it because it was large.  I don't know how many people will agree with me on that.

Pikachu fit like a glove.  I only really used Pikachu in the original SSB.  And the only two characters I played as in the last game were Pikachu and Roy.  Roy isn't back, but Marth is and also a new swordsman who seems even slower than Marth.  I guess I will be sticking with Pikachu for now. 

I have not played with the level builder yet, but it sounds like a really, really good idea.  Does anyone know if the maps are going to be sharable through the Web? 

Does anyone else think that the game is a bit slower than the others?  (Or is that just me lacking the control skills in the new game?)

At this point, it just seems like the same game over again.  In most respects this is a good thing, but I guess I was expecting the game to wow me from the get-go since they had a lot of time to work on it.  The game is very well done, but it didn't wow me.

One thing I do applaud them for is NOT using the damn pointer.  It doesn't work well with large TVs and it has too much of a delay.  Would have killed the game.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2008, 02:28:32 PM »

The physics are slower. Think this is probably to put more emphasis on combat instead of running and hiding. There are some gigantic levels that may actually be bigger than Hyrule Castle (which is in Brawl as well) such as a complete remake of the original Donkey Kong's level 3 and a very weird level called New Pork City to name a few. Pikachu is very likely a top tier character when the 'official' list is released. Also to note the dodging in Brawl is much better than in melee; being able to dodge immediately backwards after a jump is a nice improvement as well as being able to perform multiple dodges in midair and still attack. The only thing that kinda bothers me is you can't dodge into the ground at an angle and slide, but hey only a few people actually used that technique a lot.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »

Ness is still my favorite, Pit is #2 for me. 

They slowed down Ness too much.

Lucas is my new Main, Ness is Number 2.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length