RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:19:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Source for values of your games??? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Source for values of your games???  (Read 2773 times)
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:20:22 AM »

What do you use as a source for the value of your games. I personally use Video Game Collector Mag.  Just wondered what some of the people on here use.
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 08:16:31 AM »

Digital Press for me. I have a few copies of the Video Game Collector. I sometimes check to see how my games are doing on eBay, by doing the completed searches option. To tell you the truth, I only look up a small handful of my games......and that is every so often. I pretty much just collect to be a pack rat. =)

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:09:43 AM »

I use DP but i have noticed that they seem to be pretty outta whack on somethings...

I use to use the VGC mag but i only got the one issue :-/
(Can anyone hook me up with EVERY back issue Smiley)

Pretty much i do rtound figures based on my own eBay results.

Seems to be the most solid way to determine the market when you want to know.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 10:40:31 AM »

I look up every new game I buy on DP just to get an approximate price range.  That way I know how good of a deal I made. But when I want to sell or trade something, I'll look it up on eBay to see what the actual value is. 

Malygris
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 01:03:32 PM »

Is there a similar guide that includes PC titles?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »

Not that i have ever heard of.
I kinda doubt there would be one either.

PC games your best bet would be to check eBay.
The number of PC games out there without a doubt in my mind dwarfs anything consoles could come close to.

Like i said before there doesn't alot of serious PC collectors out there so the values of games seem to really depend on popularity more than anything.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 03:36:07 PM »

I always use eBay's completed auctions search...if that doesn't work and I really need a price estimate, I'll google the game + eBay and then look at finished auctions from more than 2 weeks ago (by clicking on "in cache"). 

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »

Ebay

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 10:33:51 AM »

Evilbay can be a useful source.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »

Here is why I say Ebay. Ebay is what it sells for. Well a range anyways. What a guide says is useless IMO it is all about what it sells for.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »

Some of the more professional used game stores have their own price guides which the owners are constantly rewriting.  Otherwise, the local pawns around here actually look up most of their prices from eBay.  I remember when I found my Power Glove, it wasn't tagged, so I made a fair offer, the clerk looked it up and it became mine.

it's thinking
Malygris
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 01:26:25 AM »

I guess it doesn't really matter - it's not as though I'm looking to sell any of this stuff - but I'm always curious what something like, say, a sealed Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp would be worth.

(Apparently about six bucks.)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »

I watch ebay I dont like guides that set prices. A game is only worth what someone is willing to pay...you can say earthbound is worth 40.00 all day but if no one is willing to pay 40.00 its just wishful thinking.   I take a loss sometimes but I just list stuff at 99 cents and let it fly..sometimes I put a higher starting bid on an item im not really wanting to sell but if someone buys it for the price im not to broke up.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
NationalGameDepot
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »

Since I only really collect for NES I made my own tool.  I am sure some of you have seen it but it is avaiable at my site http://www.nationalgamedepot.zoomshare.com/1.html in a few various formats (shameless plug  nod)
~~NGD

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length