RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:00:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I had the featured top 10 list on gamefaqs the other day. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I had the featured top 10 list on gamefaqs the other day.  (Read 1779 times)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« on: August 08, 2007, 01:12:42 AM »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/1319.html

Pretty much it's the top 10 most overlooked 2nd/3rd party games on Nintendo systems. Note that games such as Earthbound and Baten Kaitos really aren't overlooked.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:20:12 AM »

Geist is kind of overlooked. However, that's a darn great list. I completely agree with #1. Congrats on being featured.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »

Crystalis should be number 1! I loved that game!

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 06:54:55 PM »

For the most part I agree with the list except for Crystalis, Jet Force Jemini, and Terranigami.  The first two I've never known to be overlooked as often many in the gaming comunity consider them to be top games for their systems.  Terra on the other hand was only overlooked because it did not get a release in the states.  By that merrit alone anything could be considered overlooked.  All the pachinko games, all the horse racing/breeding/betting games, all the shogi/go, and such could be considered overlooked. 

Then again, I dont visit that many game stores these days and when I do I'm often left at a loss for words.  I've met people who have argued greatly over the future release dates of games which have already seen release.  I've met people who have claimed games were cancled they had on their own store shelves.  Expecting same people to remember a game that was released 10 or more years ago when they cant even remember a game that was released 3 months ago is too much to be expected I'd say.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 12:55:07 AM »

Funny you should mention those three. I just included them because I greatly enjoy them. The Soul Blazer series really doesn't have much of a following on gamefaqs, so placing Terranigma there is justifiable, likewise with Crystalis. There are plenty of people who know about Crystalis, but a game of that quality, well damn. It should at least be as well known as Contra. Jet Force Gemini, I placed that on the list because around release it received a bunch of buzz, but it all completely died. For some reason when mentioning great N64 games, Jet Force Gemini is consistently overlooked.
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:26:07 AM »

I'd say Operation Logic Bomb gets overlooked often.  People who've played it love it but for the most part unless they come across a copy, most people I've noticed pay it no mind.  I'd say Pieces is over looked but being as how it's considered the rarest game for the system it's hard to say it's just overlooked or simply too rare for most to care.

The Soul Blazer series doesnt really have much of a following period.  GameFAQs or anywhere I'm willing to bet.  It's mostly known for who released it vs the merrits of it's gameplay.  I think the reason Crystalis isnt as popular as Contra may lay more in the difference between the two's style.  Contra is a game anyone can play reguardless of knowing much about the game's story, controls, or anything.  It's easy to pick up and enjoy.  True, there are games for the NES with a much higher learning curve then Crystalis ever could have but the difference is probly enough of one.

All the same, should have offered you congratulations for being featured.  With the user base they have over there it's no small thing to be that.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 11:53:02 PM »

Thank you, and yea, the gamefaqs crowd is wayyy different than the crowd here. I only post on two boards over there, a social board and the Super Metroid board where we literally were the ones responsible for breaking that game apart (Kejardon mainly). But yeah, gamefaqs is a much younger group of people so what may be considered a staple here is easily overlooked overthere. Plus with CJayC leaving gamefaqs of course lots of the older users are too.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 03:37:36 PM »

Uniracers is awesome!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length