RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:36:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Ohio Election Already Screwey! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ohio Election Already Screwey!  (Read 2812 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 03, 2004, 10:30:08 PM »

So I got my absentee ballot in the mail today and started to fill it out.  As I get into the later part of the ballot I see that there are two people who have the same ballot number! To vote for William Brayshaw (Hamilton County Engineer) I would need to punch out #83 on the ballot.  But, to vote for Nancy A Fuerst (Justice of the Supreme Court of Ohio) I also need to punch out #83!  Way to go Ohio!  I'll get a picture as soon as I get the chance, but it may be a few days.  Luckily these are not very important offices.  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 10:50:13 PM »

Wow.  That's awesome.  I got a phone call today (prerecorded) telling me to be sure to fill out my absentee ballot.  This is odd since I'm living at home, in Ohio, and do not have to fill out an absentee ballot since I'm not absent.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 11:54:20 PM »

What is an absentee ballot?
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 12:08:47 AM »

If you're a resident of Ohio, for example, but you're temporarily living somewhere else (like hydrobond is in Indiana, at college), you can get an absentee ballot sent to you.  Then you just mail it back in, and it counts like a regular ballot.  That way, you don't miss an election.  Same goes for national elections if you're living in another country but are a citizen of the U.S.  Have anything like that there?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 05:26:54 AM »

Well, of course people that don't live in the Netherlands but do have Dutch voting rights get to vote, but I wouldn't know how that's being done. (same goes for provinces and towns, I suppose).
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 08:07:54 AM »

Nep hit the nail on the head, with one exception.  If you request an absentee ballot you get the full thing. I also got to vote at home in all the national elections.  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 08:10:18 AM »

Oh, well that's kinda cool.  Didn't know they put 'em together.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 02:49:06 PM »

yeah, that was in the paper this past week that new ballots are going out in the mail cause of that fuck up.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 04:00:55 PM »

Great.  So now I have to repunch all of those little chads.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 04:02:39 PM »

Make sure none are hanging, dimpled or pregnant... oh wait wrong state.Sorry.
Hopefully the Pres ballots are done right.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2004, 08:43:47 AM »

New ballot arrived in the mail today.  Hopefully no mistakes on this one.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length