RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:09:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | The Arena | Contra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Contra  (Read 2765 times)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« on: December 11, 2007, 12:01:13 AM »

More specifically, for me at least, Contra 4. I'm good at the game, like really really good. Contra 4 is supposed to be the hardest Contra game to date next to Hard Corps, but I mean, I pretty much dominate it. I can't even beat any of the other Contras besides Contra 3. Anyway, within a day I beat all 40 challenges, beat Normal mode without continuing and had 5 or 6 lives, and can get to the Ocean level (stage 5) on hard mode without continuing or for that matter dying before getting anhilitaed. That being said, I'm going to start keeping track of my progress and high scores here. I'm too lazy to check what my highscore is right now, but I will definitely keep track here though.

Feel free to post any Contra scores.
NationalGameDepot
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 02:20:25 PM »

I had trouble finding the game locally here.  So after a week or 2 of searching I ordered one off egay, that was about 10 days ago and it still hasn't arrived yet.  I am jonesing for some Contra action.   drool

I am a beast at Contra and Super C, I can no death either one with any weapon Cheesy  I also have a the NES dual test controller and I have actually beaten both games by playing as BOTH characters at the same time (very tough) but I have to use continues that way and the Konami code.  Still pretty fun and tough  Smiley
~~NGD

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »

You'll love it. Also, some updates. Actually, no updates on Contra 4, however I beat Super C dying 4 times on the last 2 levels due to not knowing the general layout. Don't know what high score I got. Going to go through Contra 4 with the P shooter eventually. I've been somewhat distracted by a few other games but I'll make sure to give the game a run at least once a week.

Hope your game gets to you soon!
michaelbogardus
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »

Beaten Contra and Super C, never die till around the 6-7th level on each, and never more then 3 lives in a game.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »

I'm terrible at Contra 4. I played it quote a bit for a while, but have moved on to other things.. One of these days I'll get back to it!

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:16:20 PM »

My DS broke back in November and I haven't gotten a new one yet. So... I haven't been able to play this anymore. Also I made a pretty sweet Boss FAQ for the game a while back.
Game Freak
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »

I am a beast at Contra and Super C, I can no death either one with any weapon Cheesy  I also have a the NES dual test controller and I have actually beaten both games by playing as BOTH characters at the same time (very tough) but I have to use continues that way and the Konami code.  Still pretty fun and tough  Smiley
~~NGD

thats crazy!  i once (on 1player mode) used the konami code and turbo button on the NES Satellite, and ended up rackin up a million points, beating the game twice.  Anyone do that before? 

Also, without the code, i can usually get to the boss of Waterfall.

[img width=500 height=150]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/gamefreak360/siggies/GFN3.png[/img]
Consoles on my Wishlist:
Commodore 64      Sega CD     Sega Dreamcast
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length