RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:29:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Any Racing fans? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any Racing fans?  (Read 24742 times)
TimRichert_images
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« on: January 22, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »

There's a reason I have so many racing games.
Grew up in a racing family (anything with a motor) personally a sports car (imsa, australia v8, wec) and rally fan. But did a little bit of circle track and street/drag when I was younger. Go to the rolex 24 and Sebring every year.

Retro gamer (and by default collector) Hobbyist photographer(I make a buck here and there) car nut and, musicholic.
PS was a member years ago and am now back Smiley
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 06:42:40 PM »

While I'm a fan of the original Moto Racer on PC, and occasionally partake of the more recent Mario Kart entries, I'm not really into IRL auto racing...

...unless it's chock-full of multicar pile-ups and awesomely spectacular crashes with cars cartwheeling for a hundred yards at 150 MPH with pieces of deadly shrapnel flying off in all directions before slamming into a retaining wall and bursting into flames! Now, THAT'S racin'!  Cheesy

Heck, I think NASCAR should honor its roots by having each stock car carry several gallons of bootleg moonshine with an alcohol proof approaching everclear, to make the explosions even more fiery and awesome! Talk about a ratings juggernaut! I know I'd be tuning in...

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 10:47:28 AM »

Welcome, and yes, there are some other racing fans on the site. Obviously love video game racers, but I grew up watching a lot of NASCAR and IndyCar telecasts. Don't watch as much now, but still enjoy the bigger races when I can catch them. And for the casual fan, if you want a race that literally has everything, find a broadcast of the 1992 Indy 500. Well worth your time.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 01:26:39 PM »

For me, I have no interest.  I don't get the appeal of it.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 08:58:02 PM »

You want appeal, try this on for size:

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 09:29:38 AM »

You want appeal, try this on for size:

Ok, I’m sold!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 11:48:51 AM »

I'm a Formula 1 fan. That said I do not get to watch all races live, so often watch the race highlights afterwards. Will be interesting to see if RB can keep Merc at bay this season.
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 04:03:49 PM »

I'm a Formula 1 fan. That said I do not get to watch all races live, so often watch the race highlights afterwards. Will be interesting to see if RB can keep Merc at bay this season.

Have you ever watched the youtuber Jimmy Broadbent? With a love of racing and F1 it might be something that interests you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length