RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:45:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Final Fantasy XIII Agito and Parasite Eve 3 confirmed for PSP release 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII Agito and Parasite Eve 3 confirmed for PSP release  (Read 1741 times)
Darth Sidious
N-Gage

Stats
« on: August 02, 2008, 06:30:51 AM »

Good news for RPG fans from the Square Enix event: Final Fantasy XIII Agito and Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday, both of which have originally been announced for a release on Japanese cell phones, will both receive a release on Sony PSP.
Thank goodness. Since both games are coming out on highly advanced DoCoMo cell phones in Japan, a western release would have been highly unlikely due to the fact that neither European nor American cell phones are as advanced as Japanese ones yet.

And besides: cell phone games are the bane of video gamers, they're so shitty that they don't even deserve to be called video games. Seriously, how are you supposed to play an RPG on a tiny cell phone screen with a couple of numeral keys (or in rare case a touch pen)? That just destroys the atmosphere of complex games. Hence it always feels like a stab in the heart whenever Square announces one of their games for a cell phone...especially when we're talking about promising games:
Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII...man, that game sounded like an awesome concept...a prequel to Final Fantasy VII from a Turk's point of view. But what happens? It's a cell phone game...well, maybe there's going to be a handheld release, too?

Final Fantasy IV: The After. A sequel to Final Fantasy IV, one of the most beloved titles in the series? Hell yes! But again, a cell phone release only...

Kingdom Hearts: Coded. Sure, it's not nearly as interesting as Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep or Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, but still, I would have liked to add this one to my collection.

But now, at least Agito and PE will finally receive a platform that can do them justice. Imagine what it would have been like if the third part of the beloved Parasite Eve series had been released on a shabby cell phone, thus rendering it unplayable for Americans and Europeans. Same goes for Agito, which has quite some potential as well, seeing as how ambitious the entire Fabula Nova Crystalis: Final Fantasy XIII project appears to be.

Definitely a step into the right direction, now I am hoping for a handheld releases of Before Crisis, FFIV: The After and Kingdom Hearts: Coded...
Kimoosabi
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 05:41:28 PM »

Interesting news. I enjoyed the first Parasite Eve, but the changes in game play they made for the sequel didn't appeal to me. I've heard this new title isn't necessarily a "true sequel" for the franchise, so who knows, maybe there'll be more big changes to the game play.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:01:07 AM »

Happy happy!

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 04:33:06 AM »

This is nice news...but why are there going to be so many Final Fantasy XIIIs? Isn't one enough? It's like Square can't even finish the main one, but they keep adding titles. Wish they'd just release ONE FFXIII on the PS3 and move on.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »

Considering how much you dislike mobile phone games I take it you wouldn't be happy if   Square Enix just did a straight port then Wink

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 04:59:25 AM »

Considering how much you dislike mobile phone games I take it you wouldn't be happy if   Square Enix just did a straight port then Wink
I agree with that. Cellphone games are terrible, people should atleast buy a decent handheld.
But I guess Square just follows the money, so if that leads them to cellphones, they'll probably do it.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 05:50:05 AM »

Considering the limitations of the phones, they aren't that bad (most are but not all). It ain't easy keeping a game under 1mb. Cyberpunk was a pretty good game for example, took me back to playing Flashback on the Mega Drive. It dose suck how most mobile games can't have sound fxs and music both enabled, plus midis are awful.

By the way Sirgin, do they call them Cell phones over your way too?

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »

In Dutch we refer to them as GSM's, don't know why though. (probably an abreviation of something, never looked it up)

But if I'd refer to them in English, I think I'd go for Cell Phones instead of Mobile Phones.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 12:06:57 AM »

Just asked as I figured the term cellular phone was only used in the US, so you had me confused there for a second.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 04:10:05 AM »

That just shows how "Americanized" my English has become Shocked despite the fact that the English we got in school was more British-english (atleast concerning the accent)
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 01:37:22 AM »

That's odd, I've thought that Parasite Eve was a pretty dead franchise.

PE2 came out with very mixed reviews after all. I personally liked it though.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 11:53:09 PM »

I was thinking of selling my PSP but if this comes stateside I will definitely buy it. I've been rather disappointed with the thing so far. I got FFT, Jeanne D'arc, Valkyrie Profile, and Guilty Gear. I bought it for RPGs but ironically the RPGs I have are just ok. Way too hard to get into. I really hope these games come stateside. Same with Suikoden 1 and 2, Persona, Tales of, etc. America and Europe are getting really shafted. At least we get Star Ocean.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length