RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:19:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Retro Fusion '08. Just been to the biggest convention of the year. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Retro Fusion '08. Just been to the biggest convention of the year.  (Read 2132 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »

I'd like to apologise for my earlier post, which was in response to a certain troll. I try not to rise to them but I went for the bait that time. Sad It's the responses to trolls that tend to derail threads.

While I missed what happened, I would have to say you probably don't have anything to apologise about as I think we all saw it coming. It was just a question of who was going to be the 1st one to verbally kick his ass Smiley

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 03:14:33 AM »

Thanks for keeping us on topic Tan.

That gaming show really does look cool. The next time the anime convention is in town, I might go with one of my friends. They have lots of import goodness there!  drool

EDIT: Also, the Vectrex kicks some major butt. I've only played one once, and it was $299.99, with 2 games. A bit too pricy for my budget.

Good luck with that.  The majority of anime conventions I've attended tend to only focus on the newest comps and games available on the market.  Often times the only way you'll get something in older then a PS2 is if there's a BYOG room set up.  Many of the larger anime conventions frown heavly on such as the legal issues of responsibility can play havoc on either their or the hotels insurance if they dont word it just right.  Plus, sad to say, many modern gamers having never seen some of the more old home console systems just dont realize what they missed out on.  Old PC stuff?  That'd blow their mind.

The convention sounded like it was rather fun.  Dont know if they have any in Texas that are like that but if I ever find one, I'd like to give it a try.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 04:54:42 AM »

It would be interesting to go to a convention some time. Living in South Australia there has been zippo game ones. Have never gone to the anime ones as there isn't any current anime of interest to me.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length