RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:30:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | The CDX Pro Cart 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The CDX Pro Cart  (Read 1058 times)
ItellYaHuat
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:03:41 AM »

I own a "CDX Pro Cart" by Datel Electronics Ltd. which allows you to play any region games on the Sega/Mega CD and in the database it's listed as the "Datel Universal Adapter." This name threw me off and I contacted one of the directors about this matter and suggested I reference the forums first before changing the name. So what name would you go by that would be easier to find the item? I actually googled both names and for the "Datel Universal Adapter" I got results pulling up a cart that lets you play any Sega Genesis/Mega Drive cartridge and yet it shows the picture for the CDX Pro Cart. For the name "CDX Pro Cart", I got the actual item I was looking for. Also, it says plainly on the box AND the cartridge the words "CDX Pro Cart". Without hastily changing the name, what should it go by?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 05:06:22 AM by arnold_the_bartender » Logged
Tan
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 06:35:45 AM »

I own a "CDX Pro Cart" by Datel Electronics Ltd. which allows you to play any region games on the Sega/Mega CD and in the database it's listed as the "Datel Universal Adapter." This name threw me off and I contacted one of the directors about this matter and suggested I reference the forums first before changing the name. So what name would you go by that would be easier to find the item? I actually googled both names and for the "Datel Universal Adapter" I got results pulling up a cart that lets you play any Sega Genesis/Mega Drive cartridge and yet it shows the picture for the CDX Pro Cart. For the name "CDX Pro Cart", I got the actual item I was looking for. Also, it says plainly on the box AND the cartridge the words "CDX Pro Cart". Without hastily changing the name, what should it go by?

It should be whatever is on the box/cartridge, in this case "CDX Pro Cart". When you submit it, make sure you submit it as a hardware addition not a game addition. We consider those to be accessories not games in the database. Don't forget to add a part number or UPC as per the hardware guidelines.

If it's the same item as this one:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=E-040-H-00050-A

do a page edit (Submit Info) and move the existing name into the alternate title and put yours into the main title.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:41:08 AM by Tan » Logged
ItellYaHuat
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:44:20 AM »

Yeah, I know to submit it as a hardware. I'll look for the UPC after my class ends (it's 5 hours long 0: ). And yeah, that's the Datel Universal Adapter that I was talking about that you posted the link for. Thanks for the info. I will edit once I get home.

Edit:

Converters

Datel Pro Action Replay

[img width=164 height=120]http://sega-16.com/Features/Genesis%20Accessory%20&%20Peripheral%20Guide/Pro%20Action%20Replay.jpg[/img]

One of the harder converters to find, the Pro Action replay works very much like the Game Genie for bypassing lockout codes. In fact, it works with exactly the same games. The main difference between the two devices is Datel's inclusion of a "trainer" that helped players create their own codes. Whereas the Game Genie restricted you to either the codes included in their own code books or having to tediously hack new codes on your own, the Pro Action Replay guided you through the process, which made things infinitely easier. Not as easy is finding a unit today, as their prices have taken off in the last few years. If all you need is a method to play imports, you're better off buying a Super or Mega Key anyways. For more information on the Pro Action Replay, as well as all the other converters listed here, check out our full feature Locked Out: Importing Made Easy.

Datel Pro-CDX/ CDX-Plus

[img width=142 height=190]http://sega-16.com/Features/Genesis%20Accessory%20&%20Peripheral%20Guide/procdx.jpg[/img]

A useful little doo-hickey that lets you play any region of games on your Sega/Mega CD, you plug it into the cart slot on your Genny and it overrides the security commands of the Sega CD. It wasn't 100% compatible though, and when Sega redesigned the Genesis and the CD systems, they improved the bios to lock out the CDX. Datel then released the CDX-Plus that let you run the Sega CD from the options screen. It won't let you use the reset button on a model 1 CD (you need to do that from the options menu) and does not work with the 32X installed. Your mileage will vary as to which titles are really must-plays with it, but the list of incompatible games is small enough to warrant getting one. Just be aware that they can get pretty expensive and are somewhat rare. Still, it's about the best you can do considering the circumstances, and gamers who like to import probably went to find one about halfway through this paragraph.

Datel Universal Adapter for Mega Drive

[img width=200 height=150]http://sega-16.com/Features/Genesis%20Accessory%20&%20Peripheral%20Guide/Datel-Universal-Adapter.jpg[/img]

Pretty straightforward, the Universal Adapter is to the Genesis what the ST Key is to the Saturn. You can play games from any region on any console with it, without any codes or cables. It essentially makes all other models obsolete, and is the most ideal converter you can find for the system. Unfortunately, like the other Datel Genesis converters listed here, it's very rare, more so even. If you can find one, hold onto it as though it were a cherished family heirloom. Or, you could simply mod your system and not need any of these cart converters in the first place.

Source: Sega-16

Here is what we should do. We should change the picture for the "Datel Universal Adapter" instead of changing the name because it has a picture for the CDX Pro Cart instead for it. We can just chance the picture (using the first image in this post) because it's incorrect. I will submit the CDX Pro Cart as a new submission to the database and upload the correct picture (which is currently posted for the "Datel Universal Adapter").
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:52:35 PM by arnold_the_bartender » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length