RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:12:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Paypal/eBay issues 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Paypal/eBay issues  (Read 1179 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: February 13, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »

For some reason i am not getting any of the payments people send me.
I went thru eBay/Paypal and removed all my old email addys so i have no clue what the problem could be.
Alot has changed in the 2-3 years since i last sold on eBay so could someone clue me in to what i am not seeing?

Basically i have just sent messages back to all the winners with my address in it and asking them to cancel payment and send it there.

Tan
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »

Did you upgrade to a premier account? I think you need to have a premier account to accept certain types of payments like credit cards and such. It's a free upgrade though so no biggie. Also I seem to remember sellers needing to configure their accounts to accept e-checks as well.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:22:23 PM »

Did you upgrade to a premier account? I think you need to have a premier account to accept certain types of payments like credit cards and such. It's a free upgrade though so no biggie. Also I seem to remember sellers needing to configure their accounts to accept e-checks as well.

Thats what I hate about the premier account though.  Its a "free" upgrade, but you have to pay a percentage on all transactions where you get money.  The basic accounts don't charge for paypal to paypal and e-check transfers, but the premier and business accounts do.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »

Thats what I hate about the premier account though.  Its a "free" upgrade, but you have to pay a percentage on all transactions where you get money.  The basic accounts don't charge for paypal to paypal and e-check transfers, but the premier and business accounts do.
Yeah, but you only get so many payments made via credit card with a personal account. And the rate on CC payments in lower with a premier.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 01:43:11 PM »

Yea i've had a premier account for awhile.
That was the first problem i encountered was it wanted me to upgrade to a business account to recieve one of the payments so i knew there was a problem.

2 of the payments went to my old comcast addy so i thought i had fixed that problem by updating to my new gmail one but all the other payments just didn't show up even though they were sent.

Something is going wrong in the checkout process i think.
But what it is i just don't know.

Thanks for the help thus far guys. Smiley

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 02:12:12 PM »

Could it be a typo in the Paypal email address they are sending to? Maybe you put your Paypal address into ebay as izret@internet.co.m or something.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »

Obama.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length