RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:18:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix  (Read 6856 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

The best tip I can give you: PRACTICE! Fighting games take a long time to master. Be sure to play other people online, since that's a good way to get better. Even though you may get your ass handed to you, you'll pick up ideas from their play style.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 01:40:36 PM »

If I get to the point where I can beat the AI on Medium (at least), then maybe I'll be ready to try competing online against the world. I'm encouraged to hear that Capcom is planning to release a free DLC to improve matchmaking so that comparable skill level players are matched up more regularly.

For now, I'll stick to just my friend's list if someone wants to play online. Cool

The best tip I can give you: PRACTICE! Fighting games take a long time to master.

While I agree with that, it still seemed that the AI is ridiculously tough...even at the "Easiest" difficulty, especially when compared to other fighting games set at the Normal/default. Granted, it obvously has something to do with me being a raw newb, but it was still more frustrating than encouraging to be getting my ass handed to me repeatedly on "Easiest".

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:48:34 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 08:56:06 PM »

^Thanks.

I'm going to have to work the Focus attacks into my game some more. When I first loaded the game up, I went straight to the training mode so I could learn her moves. I like her attack set. At first I thought the Focus attacks were slow, but I "accidentally" pulled one or two off in some of my matches (button-mashing...bad, I know...but I am a raw Beginner) and they proved to be effective. Good to know they're a solid defensive tactic.

Just be careful though, you can only absorb one attack when you do Focus. Any additional hits will hit you.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »

Exclusive Downloadable Content Gameplay Part 1

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45746.html

Part 2

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45744.html

Get ready to spend some more money on a game you've already bought...
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2009, 11:57:11 AM »

Some of those costumes are pretty rad though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length