RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:20:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | How to deal with Games on Demand. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to deal with Games on Demand.  (Read 1336 times)
Zthun
N-Gage

Stats
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:03:10 AM »

So I've changed my outlook on gaming recently.  I'm coming to the realization that digital is just better and more convenient for me.  If I move, I don't have a huge box of games to take with me - just a hard drive full of games.  So I've started entering all of my digital games into my collection. I've finished Steam today, and XBLA is also done.  Still need to do the Wii Virtual Console and PSN classics. 

But I also have several Games on Demand on the XBox - mostly from the 'Free With Gold' giveaways.  I could enter these as normal 360 games, but then it looks like I have a bunch of incomplete games in my collection.  While technically that could be true (since digital has no boxes or manuals), it doesn't really tell me if I have an incomplete game, or a digital game.  There is a section for XBox games on demand, but it is very small and incomplete.  I can create the submissions for everything I have that's not here, but it would pretty much be a duplicate of the 360 version with one small change. 

Any opinions?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »

Games on Demand is the correct place for the digital releases of the retail 360 games. I believe we also need a home for the Xbox One digital releases....
Chances are many of them will be missing from the database. I haven't had a chance to comb over the list personally so i am not 100% sure.

Technically not all releases would be duplicates because not every GoD was released when the retail was. Some were actually years later if memory serves.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=14281.0
Another recent topic on digital.

And last but not least:
We need to split digital "systems" into a separate database. They should not be lumped in with the physical retail releases. (The squeaky wheel gets the oil?)[Or does it get replaced???]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length