RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:31:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Xenoblade Chronicles - Bubble? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles - Bubble?  (Read 14156 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: February 19, 2013, 09:46:15 AM »

I'm usually not on the right side of this equation but for once, for once I got it while the getting was good.

-JRPG
-Console at the end of its cycle
-Gamestop exclusive

Honestly it seems that this is just a surge of FOMOs trying to get their hands on a copy now that gamestop has basically run dry.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/V...1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

My copy was purchased pre-owned but is in perfect shape.

So basically this thread is to gloat about having Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm think it'll cool off eventually (probably sooner rather than later).

Did you get one? If you bought it new are you going to open it? Did you buy more than one and flip a few?

Any predictions on where the value will go from here?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »

I have one and I'm not sure what the value's gonna do in the future.

It could go even higher since a sequel was announced and interest in the first one might come storming back as Project X nears release. Short of some miracle Chronicles will not see a reprint even in small numbers.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »

Holy crap... didn't realize the price skyrocketed
I have 20 copies near me. Grin

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 12:38:02 PM »

Time to get flippin' eh?

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:03:48 PM »

I picked one up on launch and when I noticed the price wasn't dropping back in December-ish, I picked up the last two sealed copies near me to hold onto.

I don't think the price will go down much, if at all.  The print run was likely incredibly small, and the game has also been very well received.  I also do not think that GameStop/Nintendo will bother with another print run considering the WiiU is Nintendo's main focus now.

I've been watching the game's value, and it really only shot up within the past few months, despite being available at pretty much every GameStop up until that point.  That being said, if you can still find used copies at GameStop (for $10 more than MSRP!) pick them up.  Even disc-only copies bring ~$100.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »

You guys have changed my mind from my initial theories, good info.

Xenoblade Chronicles is the Suikoden II of this generation  Grin

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »

If that is true, will Pandora's Tower be the Magic Knight Rayearth?

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »

If that is true, will Pandora's Tower be the Magic Knight Rayearth?

I was hoping The Last Story would be when I grabbed an extra copy. So far it hasn't happened but time will tell.

I may grab two Pandora's Towers but I agree with you Duke, this hobby is not an investment.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »

The Last Story had at least two print runs.  It will likely increase in value (especially the version with soundtrack) after the second run sells out, but I highly doubt it will rise to Xenoblade levels of craziness.

Pandora's Tower is an interesting case.  Considering it is launching at $40, and after the Wii's successor has been launched, I suspect that XSEED isn't predicting a large amount of sales.  Frankly, I'm surprised that XSEED would even consider bringing it over here because I can't see it selling more copies than TLS, which at least had some fanfare when it came out.  By now, a lot the Xenoblade Chronicles and TLS hype has pretty much died down (Operation Rainfall, lol).  I would definitely keep an eye of Pandora's Tower, but I have little to no doubt that the title will drop in MSRP at least once, like TLS has done.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:43:04 PM by blcklblskt » Logged
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 05:47:06 AM »

Wow, I REALLY  want to find a used copy now to play so that I don't get tempted to open my sealed one up.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »

This is actually a bit of a problem for me. When Wii came out I wasn't interested in it because it seemed like a lot of games were kiddy games. I also thought the motion control was gimmicky. I ended up succumbing to peer pressure and bought a 360 (when the base model dropped to $120).

Now I look at the Wii's library of pretty great looking games and I'm kicking myself. At least Wii U is backward compatible.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 09:10:11 AM »

Wow, I had no idea. I picked up a new copy on launch. Never found much time to play it. Maybe I have more of a reason to try it out now.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »

Great game- possibly the best RPG of that generation (haven't played TLS or Pandora's Tower yet).
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 08:38:49 PM »

Time to get flippin' eh?

I doubt it.

Wow, I REALLY  want to find a used copy now to play so that I don't get tempted to open my sealed one up.
I saw this guy mention there were 20copies in his area... Might be worth touching base with him.

There has been a guy listing pretty regularly on CL looking for one. He put a listing up either today or yesterday to let everyone on CL know he is on a waiting list at GS now.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:45:58 PM by Izret101 » Logged

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 01:07:05 PM »

I have one, still playing it.  It seems odd that it's going for so much with so many copies available.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length