RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:26:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | Episode 13 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Episode 13  (Read 15803 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: March 26, 2013, 01:09:25 PM »

It's here...
[img width=700 height=999]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/Episode-13_zps21f79878.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:09:09 PM by Duke.Togo » Logged

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:25:34 PM »

Boom-Shakalaka!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 01:27:57 PM »

Shining in the Duke

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »

Oh thank goodness!  I was starting to get the shakes from collectorcast withdrawals...

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 02:02:02 PM »

5 hours long and its up on youtube now!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:15:36 PM »

Sure, release it at the end of my work day........

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 06:42:52 PM »

at the end of a work day is better than the middle of one Wink i can't listen to them at work and won't be home for another 5 hours or so.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »

Yeeeeeeaah.  First, Game Chasers season 3 started today, and now this.  Lovin' life.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 08:21:10 PM »

Well that was a lot to listen to in one chunk but I really enjoyed it. Nice setup talk there, I think you guys covered just about everything with the A/V talk. I got to reorganize my entire game room and game storage areas while listening to this.

As far as setups go I use a LG 42 inch plasma T.V. (For modern stuff) and a 19 inch Toshiba CRT next to the big screen (For older systems).  I've got a Sony 5.1 channel receiver hooked up via optical cable that I rarely ever use, nothing fancy though, the sound is great but I do tend to use my Turtle Beach wireless headphones most of the time which is one of their high end ones so it sounds pleasant.

All my systems are hooked up with the highest quality A/V that they can output without modding (And yes X-Box did make their own official component cables) Though I still need to get a Dreamcast VGA box.

Anyways excellent show  Smiley
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 08:27:41 PM »

Thanks, and wow the whole show already!

Sounds like a nice little setup there. Do you route your classic consoles through your receiver for sound? Does that Toshiba have S-Video in, or do you use composite?

Get that DC VGA box, you'll be glad you did. Even the off-brand models work well.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 08:37:21 PM »

Yes I use the reciver for all my consoles including the older ones. The Toshiba does use both S-video and composite inputs. I really want to get something bigger like one of those Sony Trinitron T.V.'s that you mentioned which I frequently see at thrifts for pretty cheap.
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »

Shining in the Duke

LMAO!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »

Hey you broke the thread naming convention!

I listened to it earlier at work. I think Duke forgot to mention one thing about RGB: the sync signal! Well that and the fact that Japan's SCART standard is actually totally different from what  Europe uses and is wired up differently. This is important to know with stuff like the XRGB, since you need to either make sure you have Japanese cables or rewire the scart input for Euro SCART instead. I guess that might be beyond the scope of what you guys were talking about though.

My setup is basically all of my consoles going through an XRGB-Mini Framemeister into a 46" Samsung LCD. I want to say about half of the systems I have hooked up are using RGB Scart, Wii (and soon Xbox) via Commponent, Ps3 via HDMI, while the rest are all S-video except for NES (which I'd rather not RGB mod because it's expensive and makes the colors all funky) and TurboGrafx (which I've been too lazy to get around to building the RGB amplifier circuit to mod that).

Audio is an Onkyo 5.1 ht-in-a-box system I picked up off of ebay a while back. One of these days I need to invest in a better audio setup, but I think I've spent waaaaaay too much the past few months in general so that would probably have to wait. I'm pretty happy with my video at least.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:31:06 AM by Quackula » Logged
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »

^great info, Quackula! 

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »

I play all my games on significantly smaller screens than everyone else and audio when i actually use it is piped through my turtle beach headset that i (partially) blew the speakers on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length