RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:51:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 196862 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« on: February 21, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

I decided to soldier through and finish off Final Fantasy XIII.  I'm on chapter 13 right now, so it shouldn't be too much longer.  Although I know I'm going to go back and do all of the mission marks too.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »

those mission marks are the biggest time sinks in the game. they're cool and all, but a lot of the more difficult ones would take so much grinding to get done. i considered going for platinum on that game and quickly changed my mind Lol
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »

Playing some old school Namco arcade games on Namco Museum Vol. 1.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »

Played through the Knight Cup on F-Zero on my Wii-U today.  I like that I can re-map the controls, but I want to put my shoulder drift buttons on ZL and ZR, not L and R.  Problem is when ZR is pushed it brings up the options menu.  I will try again tonight. Having lots of fun with the game though.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »

Started a new Shogun 2 campaign and royally fucked it up almost instantly. Going to have to play smarter, I've gotten far too used to playing Napoleon as the British and controlling the seas and not really worrying about anything else until I have enough trade going to build massive armies without a worry. I either need to play it cool or do something similar in hiding myself away.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:33:05 PM by The Nihilistic Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP7) - Made it past Level 5, Snot a problem Tongue

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP7) - I now need to beat all the Andy Asteroids levels without dying now.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 06:50:36 PM »

I just beat Final Fantasy XIII.  For all of my complaints about the game I will say this:  The visuals are amazing and I really liked the ending.  It makes me curious about Final Fantasy XIII-2, and how the inhabitants of Cocoon would deal with the new situation they're in.  The only problem is that in the first game I never really got a feel for Cocoon or what the people that lived there were like other than "PULSE BAD!!  L'CIE BAD!!  RUN!!".  It doesn't really give me a lot of confidence that the writers will do much with it.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »

Played through Dead Space 2: Severed in prep of Dead Space 3 showing up in a few days. The credits were almost as long as the DLC.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 07:32:23 PM »

Koozac - need 1.5 mil more.

Texas Holdem - all i have left is the endless hours of tournaments. Back to pretending i don't own this game now...

YuGiOh 5Ds - Beat it. YAAAAAAAYYYY

Gundamn Operation Troy - like 300 more matches to play...

N+ - knocked out all but 1 achievement. The last one is stupid hard. I only need to clear 1 more set of 5 levels in co-op but i have like 8 hours in it already so not counting on it happening any time soon.

Brain Challenge - working on daily challanges. Need 85 more online wins.

Bloody Good Time - Need 1800 more stars

Monsters Love Candy - popped one achievement. Game seems pretty cool but i probably won't get back to it for ages because it is a Win8 PC game.

Halo 4 - will probably wrap up campaign tonight.

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »

Dmc: Devil May Cry

Just completed mission 2.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »

Gotta jump back on this now that the Bloody Palace DLC is out. Vergil's Downfall is also dropping on Tuesday/Wednesday, but wait until you finish the game to play that, as it picks up from where the main story ends.

Recently I've been rolling through Metal Gear Rising. Again, a case of a good game that is criminally short. Thank god there's lot of stuff to unlock and collectibles to find, or else I'd be kicking myself for paying full price for it.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »

Borderlands 2 with my  buddy

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 01:53:09 PM »

Gotta jump back on this now that the Bloody Palace DLC is out. Vergil's Downfall is also dropping on Tuesday/Wednesday, but wait until you finish the game to play that, as it picks up from where the main story ends.

Recently I've been rolling through Metal Gear Rising. Again, a case of a good game that is criminally short. Thank god there's lot of stuff to unlock and collectibles to find, or else I'd be kicking myself for paying full price for it.

I don't know, i hardly download any DLC cause i refuse to pay for something that should be inside the game, but i will think about it, i'm really enjoying DmC.

By the way, mission 12 right now.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP7) - I finished the game and popped the appropriate achievements, then I popped an achievement for beating the game without dying even though I died a few times.....talk about a buggy game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length