RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:15:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Rarest game you have? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Rarest game you have?  (Read 26813 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 04:44:00 AM »

so at least 3 people here have a sealed Cheetahmen II?

maybe it's not so rare after all.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2005, 05:02:32 AM »

Depends on where everyone got their copies...where did you guys get your copies?  I got mine, as mentioned earlier, from a guy in a newsgroup about 8 years ago, for a nice low price between 15-20 dollars.  Smiley  

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 07:16:02 AM »

so at least 3 people here have a sealed Cheetahmen II?

maybe it's not so rare after all.

I agree 110% with that statement. Seems like every big NES collector has a sealed Cheetahmen II  :-/

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 09:10:16 AM »

I agree 110% with that statement. Seems like every big NES collector has a sealed Cheetahmen II  :-/

Thats just it though. Most big collectors of NES will probably have this game factory sealed.

I have not seen it on ebay in a while. I got lucky enough to get mine from a dp member for a price which I will not disclose Tongue

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 09:15:40 AM »

Just like most big collectors have a factory sealed Aladdin Deck Enhancer with all of the games released for it in brand new condition, yet this is more common than Cheetahmen II.  Wink

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 09:23:11 AM »

I just thought that it was funny. this board is not that big yet and we've got 3 members who have it, and factory sealed to boot.

has anyone ever seen a loose one? maybe there's a SMB/Duck Hunt cart sealed in those Cheetahmen II boxes.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2005, 09:32:40 AM »

I just thought that it was funny. this board is not that big yet and we've got 3 members who have it, and factory sealed to boot.

has anyone ever seen a loose one? maybe there's a SMB/Duck Hunt cart sealed in those Cheetahmen II boxes.

That would be the day Wink

Well, I think that anyone who owns a copy of this game knows how rare it is & is not likely going to open it up.  Also, from what I heard this game was NEVER released in stores...thus keeping it hidden from the audience that would open it without a second thought.  The copies that were produced and placed somewhere in inventory were then sold directly to the audience that knows its rarity and value.  I've never heard of anyone who has an opened copy of this game (well, attained a loose copy to put it that way...I know that there's people who opened their factory sealed copy to try out the game)...since it's pretty much impossible to find it in the open to begin with.  

Last, but not least Wink, I noticed that NES seems to be the system of choice for most collectors on this site, thus increasing the likeliness of board members having a rare NES collectible in their collection Wink

-Speedy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 09:33:51 AM by Speedy_NES » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2005, 11:05:09 AM »

I have not seen it on ebay in a while. I got lucky enough to get mine from a dp member for a price which I will not disclose Tongue

What was that Rick?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...;rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2005, 12:57:22 PM »

That would be the day Wink

Well, I think that anyone who owns a copy of this game knows how rare it is & is not likely going to open it up.  Also, from what I heard this game was NEVER released in stores...thus keeping it hidden from the audience that would open it without a second thought.  The copies that were produced and placed somewhere in inventory were then sold directly to the audience that knows its rarity and value.  I've never heard of anyone who has an opened copy of this game (well, attained a loose copy to put it that way...I know that there's people who opened their factory sealed copy to try out the game)...since it's pretty much impossible to find it in the open to begin with.  

Last, but not least Wink, I noticed that NES seems to be the system of choice for most collectors on this site, thus increasing the likeliness of board members having a rare NES collectible in their collection Wink

-Speedy

damn if that story is true it sounds like a manufactured rarity. "sold only to the audience that knows it's rarity and value". and everyone who has one has a sealed copy. forget Duck Hunt it's probably just a box full of rocks.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2005, 12:59:57 PM »

Probably an extra large piece of styro.
Same weight as a cart but with none of the technology!

But it does seem like you can get one relatively easily if your willing to drop a wad of cash for it.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2005, 03:07:19 PM »

I've played that game via emulation, and I can assure you that it's NOT woth opening up.  Heck, even if you had it loose and opened, I still wouldn't bother taking the time to put it in the NES to play.  It's really, really awful.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2005, 04:36:24 PM »

For those dying to know what the contents of the Cheetahmen II box look like, I found this pic in my database...not sure where I ripped it from, and it's not the best quality pic, but at least it gives you a decent idea Wink

Enjoy Smiley

-Speedy

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2005, 04:39:42 PM »

I wonder why that slip makes referacen to the Action 52?

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2005, 04:42:34 PM »

They probably printed too many of those for the Action 52 and wanted to save costs with Cheetahmen II Wink  The only thing "worthy" of their products is their rarity & the cool transparent cartridges Wink  I guess the artwork of the Cheetahmen II box isn't too bad either...

-Speedy

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2005, 05:59:21 AM »

Hahahaha.... Its an Action 52 cart laugh
box art is pretty cool IMO.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length