RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:55:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849636 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2015, 12:24:25 PM »

Plowed through Retro City Rampage.

I stand by my previous comment.
Everyone should play this game.

It is absolutely stuffed with references and homages for Mario, Sonic, Back to the Future, Contra, Duck Hunt, Game Genie, Punchout, Simpsons, Terminator, Robocop, Bionic Commando, Seinfeld, Frogger, Batman, Evil Dead, Rad Racer(even had an option for "old school" 3D), Smash TV, so much more.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2015, 01:12:55 AM »

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is way over rated.
The kid is a dick. The start of the game he uses a spell to have his little brother taken and potentially eaten by a demonesque creature. Apparently realizes that might have been a bit overboard and dives through the portal to another realm in an effort to save him.

The controls feel floaty.
The puzzle aspects are neat sometimes.
The trial and error frantic run for your life sequences that include puzzle elements are neat no times.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:15:30 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - Playing more online at the neighbours house.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2015, 01:33:50 PM »

I hate that I had to do it, but after 66+ hours of PersonaQ I decided to dial the difficulty down from medium to easy. The last ten hours or so have been such a tedious pain in the ass that I just want to race to the finish line.

I still would say it's an amazing game and that perhaps I simply cannot hack it when it comes to the later puzzles. I've enjoyed my time with it thoroughly, I just have a bajillion other things to play.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »

I hate that I had to do it, but after 66+ hours of PersonaQ I decided to dial the difficulty down from medium to easy. The last ten hours or so have been such a tedious pain in the ass that I just want to race to the finish line.

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing with Bravely Default.

As for me, I finally finished up Final Fantasy X HD last night.  I originally wanted to go for the platinum trophy in that game, but filling up the sphere grid for every character is more of a tedious timesink than I'm willing to endure.  I exploited a trick in the game to quickly get 99 sphere levels in one battle, and those 99 levels didn't even make a dent on the overall sphere grid, so I'm out.  On the bright side, I was so ridiculously overpowered by the end of the game that I killed the final boss in one hit.  Being so powerful made the final boss fights kind of disappointing, but after pumping dozens of hours into this game, I was just ready to be done with it.

Now I need a good action game after playing nothing but JRPGs for the past month, so I'm going to start up Watch Dogs soon.  I also need to put some time into the community playthrough games this month (I've hardly touched either one), and I'm still putting some time into Project X Zone here and there.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »

Cut the Rope: Experiments (WP) - I am still waiting for the 3DS compilation to drop under the $15 dollar mark..

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2015, 01:26:58 AM »

Should finish Max: The Curse of Brotherhood tomorrow.
If i liked it more i would have finished today or maybe even yesterday...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2015, 02:59:32 PM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (PS3) - The online seems to be down now.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2015, 06:26:50 AM »

Game Room: Pitfall! (WP) - Finished this up at work tonight.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2015, 09:03:38 AM »

Finished Max: The Curse of Brotherhood yesterday.

Going to start Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. Not sure if i will stick with it but i do want to at least give it a shot.

EDIT
Need another 1.5ish GB for PvZ patch.

So i'll probably try and knock out MX vs ATV: Alive next.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:39:41 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:42 AM »

Cut the Rope: Experiments (WP) - Wrapped this up at work tonight.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2015, 12:50:59 PM »

Loaded up MX vs. ATV: Alive but turns out there is an achievement for beating a higher level racer so i want to knock that out before i start playing it.

Was looking for something co-opish the so started
Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Turns out it is two (coin op)arcade games in one. I was unawares until starting it.

Played through each a couple times and will be working on finishing it up today.

Hung out with my brother last night and made a little progress in Kane and Lynch. Then we kept getting the shit kicked out of us by a helicopter/bazillion enemy section with no checkpoint.

After an hour or 2 of that we swapped over to MvC3. He mopped the floor with me pretty handily since he has a few hundred hours playtime over the last year or 2. But with luck and him using only random teams i was able to get a couple wins with Hulk, Dante and a random 3rd.

Him using random teams still ended up with me getting some pretty awful beat downs. But it was still a ton of fun.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2015, 02:37:54 PM »

Finally at the final boss (and near the 75 hour mark) of Persona Q. Trying to decide if I should go in and roll the credits or do more side stuff and shoot for whatever the "best" ending is. I really loved this game, so even though I feel like I'm so ready for it to be over, I know I'll be a little sad when it is.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2015, 06:49:52 AM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - More Team Conflict.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2015, 09:56:15 AM »

I started playing Watch Dogs some time last week.  I didn't really like the game at first, but it's starting to grow on me.  The driving mechanics are kinda wonky though.  All of the cars feel way too 'slippery'.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length