RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:23:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849643 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2015, 01:07:53 PM »

^Was a cool game. Shame it never came back online. Someone bought the license for it. Pretty sure it was the same people who bought Darksiders.
Then I wonder why Nordic hasn't turned the servers on...

This should answer why:
https://www.facebook.com/NexuizShooter

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »

Lamesauce.
No word of it coming back online for 360 just steam.

I'll have to start trying to contact them when I am back on pc

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »

Game Room (XBLA) - I thought I owned several arcade cabinets but I stand corrected. A few random achievements popped from playing the WP games it seems though on the plus side. I actually liked this app, it's too bad support came to an end.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »

So now I have started playing Alien: Isolation again. IMO the androids are a whole lot creepier than the Alien creature

Agreed. "You're becoming hysterical." *punches face with metal fist*
Ah, memories.

Just getting into Bloodborne. Fantastic so far. NOT a Southpaw-friendly game. But with a hard-modded stick swapped controller combined with Sony's new accessibility system-wide button swapping, maybe I can FINALLY press a dodge button without clawing my hand across the controller.

Pretty excited to try that out.

Keelah se'lai
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2015, 12:17:22 PM »

So now I have started playing Alien: Isolation again. IMO the androids are a whole lot creepier than the Alien creature

Agreed. "You're becoming hysterical." *punches face with metal fist*
Ah, memories.

Just getting into Bloodborne. Fantastic so far. NOT a Southpaw-friendly game. But with a hard-modded stick swapped controller combined with Sony's new accessibility system-wide button swapping, maybe I can FINALLY press a dodge button without clawing my hand across the controller.

Pretty excited to try that out.

I am pretty jealous of anyone who gets to play this game, I am a big fan of Demon and Dark Souls. These are the one games I always come back to, and can always find something to do. So sad I will not get to play this one for awhile.

BTW how are the parry and roll mechanics?

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2015, 01:09:43 PM »

Parry is completely done by using an offhand firearm to stagger an enemy attack. Rolls are activated in any direction by tapping a direction and O, while the same button dash-steps when locked on a target.

As for how well it works, well, since I get motion sick unless the right stick is used to move, and while using my hard-modded controller I still had to move the stick and somehow press O with the same hand, I couldn't tell you how well it works because it cramps my hand to try.

Thankfully, the PS4 update as of literally today includes system-level button remapping, so once I get that changed, I should be golden.

As for the game, if you like the Souls series, its a fantastic followup.

Keelah se'lai
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2015, 01:11:08 PM »

System-level button remapping?! HOLY HELL, slackur, your dream came true!

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #397 on: March 26, 2015, 06:06:56 PM »

System-level button remapping?! HOLY HELL, slackur, your dream came true!

Very close, and very appreciated.  Still no stick swapping, which is disappointing, but as mentioned I have the hard-modded controllers for that.  If I'm being picky, I'd like to be able to save and load presets for different games, but considering Sony is the first company to release this and a bunch of other accessibility options at ground level, I'm THRILLED!!  I can only hope this makes it's way into EVERY OTHER SYSTEM!  Microsoft and Nintendo, step up your game. Wink

Yeah though, super good on Sony!  They've really impressed me so far this generation.

Keelah se'lai
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #398 on: March 27, 2015, 04:16:23 AM »

Finished Tomb Raider Wednesday night. Still trucking through Tales of the Tempest.

Played through two levels of Ducktales Remastered last night. Super fun, and nice and easy. At first, like a lot of reviewers I was put off by all the cutscenes but I relaxed my mind a little and started to enjoy them. WayForward kicks so much ass.

Gonna jam through that and Papo & Yo before I dive into the next full length experience. God bless downloadable games for being the short palate cleansers I need while not giving me clutter to put on my shelves Wink.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #399 on: March 27, 2015, 07:55:51 AM »

After Burner Climax (XBLA) - Still a great way to kill off an hour waiting for annoying inlaws to arrive...

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #400 on: March 28, 2015, 03:31:27 PM »

Played through Papo & Yo today. Ironically, it has literally driven me to drink. As ya'll know I'm not a huge fan of environmental puzzles, but at first they seemed so easy that I was kind of getting into it. About halfway through the game both the puzzles and platforming got really sluggish and had me constantly thinking, at every cut scene: pleasebeover pleasebeover pleasebeover pleasebeover.

It's finally over. So now I'm noticing my Beaten in 2015 list is really starting to get loaded up for March, so although I was going to dive into something super long, I may continue to knock out these super short PSN titles. But no indies. Screw them.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #401 on: March 29, 2015, 12:11:38 AM »

Got rid of four in-laws that stayed with me for 9 days during spring break. Finally have a night to myself...or at least to me and my son alone.

Wii Sports Club - I love that I can play against others online instead of having to be stuck locally. Gonna be fun to get into.

Pokemon shuffle - They added a few stages to the game in a recent update. It seems it will continue this way for a while, but 15 stages wasn't enough to keep me going until the next update.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - About to get lost in the world of pokemon again...my first venture since leafgreen, and my first time seeing any pokemon past G/S.

Mario Party 10 - I cannot describe my disappointments with the lack of online play from this game...it is a great game, but I no longer have my brother and friends around every day like I used to in high school.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #402 on: March 30, 2015, 06:33:00 AM »

Tried to blast my way through the Castle of Illusion Remaster but this guy made me rage quit and nuke both the game and my save. Not too upset about it as I wasn't exactly having the time of my life with the game.

Started Kingdoms of Amalur and my initial impression is that I love it. The aesthetic of a Fable game with the RPG depth of a Bioware game with the combat of any AAA third-person action game. Wish I had started it earlier in the weekend as I could have played more, but like I said, I'm in love so far. 

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #403 on: March 30, 2015, 07:31:56 AM »

Played through Papo & Yo today. Ironically, it has literally driven me to drink. As ya'll know I'm not a huge fan of environmental puzzles, but at first they seemed so easy that I was kind of getting into it. About halfway through the game both the puzzles and platforming got really sluggish and had me constantly thinking, at every cut scene: pleasebeover pleasebeover pleasebeover pleasebeover.

I completely understand where you're coming from. The puzzles in Papo & Yo get really overly complicated. I remember getting so frustrated with the part where I had to move that bed thing from one part of the area to the exit. The "puzzles" with the frogs were also annoying, as were the walking houses.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #404 on: March 30, 2015, 08:37:30 AM »

Destiny of Spirits (Vita) - Grinding out my newer low level guys so I can round out my team a little better.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length