RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:33:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 850017 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #885 on: February 14, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »

Borderlands: TPS (X360) - Powered through about 15 side missions and two story missions last night. I really enjoyed the pop culture references I came across regarding Family Guy and Ghostbusters. This game is packed full of references to a bunch of other stuff and I love that about it.

Final Fantasy XIII (X360) - Finished my session at the very beginning of chapter 13. Almost done with this one. I am expecting a certain resolution to the game, but know I am wrong because I already know that this was the beginning of a trilogy...and won't be truly ending until the end of the final game, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #886 on: February 15, 2016, 02:33:13 PM »

Final Fantasy XIII (X360) - Finished my session at the very beginning of chapter 13. Almost done with this one. I am expecting a certain resolution to the game, but know I am wrong because I already know that this was the beginning of a trilogy...and won't be truly ending until the end of the final game, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The game could have been a stand-alone, the ending wraps things up pretty nicely to be honest. it has some open-ended things but easily could have been left as is. the second game goes really, really stupid with the plot, but has much better gameplay imo. i haven't touched the third one yet but i'd like to play it just to finish off the trilogy, i have a copy already.

as for myself i've been putting more time into Battlefield 3 again, i'm 5 levels away from Colonel 100. I did a stats reset recently, which only really resets 4 things (Kill/Death Ratio, Win/Loss ratio, Score per minute, and accuracy). it actually still saves all those stats in your "all time stats" section anyway so i haven't really lost anything. now i can build up my stats without any of my early game "noob" moments bringing down everything. so far 2/4 of those are better off, the other 2 are slightly worse but we'll see how it goes. I'm only 2 medals away from having all of them, but they're for winning rounds of Tank and Air superiority...two modes that no one ever plays. i'm tempted to give up on those because i might not be able to get them, but i'll try playing at different times of day to see if that makes a difference.

also started playing a bit of Ark on Steam, it's pretty fun but i prefer Rust, this is just the same but with dinosaurs...which makes it much more difficult.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #887 on: February 15, 2016, 03:06:42 PM »

I've been sucked back into World of Tanks

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #888 on: February 15, 2016, 05:55:07 PM »

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PSP) - I really dislike these Blue canister missions...

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #889 on: February 15, 2016, 09:27:42 PM »

Fusion Dots - Like Threes but with objectives, barriers and powerups. Challenging, but slowly making headway. Level 43 right now.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #890 on: February 15, 2016, 10:36:25 PM »

The game could have been a stand-alone, the ending wraps things up pretty nicely to be honest. it has some open-ended things but easily could have been left as is. the second game goes really, really stupid with the plot, but has much better gameplay imo. i haven't touched the third one yet but i'd like to play it just to finish off the trilogy, i have a copy already.

That is pretty much exactly how my brother explained it. Gameplay was great, but story was lacking. He says that it ends up feeling like a traditional trilogy in the end though, with the middle being the least strong part of the story, and the ending being the strongest part.

Fusion Dots - Like Threes but with objectives, barriers and powerups. Challenging, but slowly making headway. Level 43 right now.

I have never played Threes, but I agree that this is very challenging. Still very enjoyable though. Definitely feels like the difficulty is made intentionally frustrating for no other reason than to entice you into using and buying the power-ups. I am glad that I get a free power-up in about every three spins of the bonus wheel though, and a spin every 4 hours is pretty fair by today's free-mium standards.

Borderlands: TPS (X360) - Finished the storyline and have about three missions left to complete as far as side-quests go. Found references to Mario, Star Wars, and was alerted to a Daft Punk reference by my brother that I had missed. (Not my kind of music, Ha ha)

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #891 on: February 16, 2016, 09:45:36 AM »

Fallout 4 (X1) - I made it to level 51. Just a couple more levels and I'll be done with the game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #892 on: February 16, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »

I haven't gotten back into this yet since Sunday night. I don't remember what level i had stopped off at but i know i hadn't hit the huge difficulty spike as of the last level i completed.
So far it is enjoyable. And it is MUCH easier than 3s

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #893 on: February 18, 2016, 12:04:46 AM »

Started Roblox...
HOLY BALLS is this sad. I'm not sure if this or Project Spark is worse...
I might have to pick spark just because that was a steaming pile of trash that took forever to finish where this is funny bad.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #894 on: February 18, 2016, 07:39:40 AM »

Been playing Xenoblde Chronicles X for the Wii U. The massive scale of this game is absolutely overwhelming...and I love it! Cheesy

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #895 on: February 18, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »

Borderlands: TPS (X360) - Finished the side missions and started working on cleaning up the rest of the challenges. Unlocking long-range shotgun kills after 750 point blank kills is just terrible to grind.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #896 on: February 18, 2016, 09:02:43 PM »

Mad Max: Just finished up the main campaign.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #897 on: February 19, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »

LEGO City Undercover - Loving the open world, GTA has been a big influence here for sure

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #898 on: February 19, 2016, 12:45:51 PM »

Fusion Dots (WP) - Was made aware of an exploit within the game to get free in-game currency thanks to Shadow Kisuragi. Spent my day running security, sniffing out weed, and judging events at the state TSA conference...all while grinding out a few thousand diamonds for use later. My wife was a little pissed that my phone was on airplane mode all day and I was "ignoring" her...but what could I honestly do about that? Ha ha ha

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #899 on: February 22, 2016, 08:59:12 AM »

Worth noting, but Airplane Mode wasn't required AFAIK. 😂

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length