RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849865 times)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #1005 on: April 27, 2016, 04:19:07 AM »

Still plugging away at Miracle Warriors.  Not a bad 8-bit game.  The map is almost a must!
I passed on picking that up at the flea market this past weekend.  How is it? 
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1006 on: April 27, 2016, 04:24:34 AM »

Been plodding along with lots and lots of free games on Steam for achievement hording reasons. All these visual novels are going to be the end of me.

On a different note, TellTales improved system looks and plays great in the Michonne games. If this is a sign of things to come, then Season 3 and the Batman game are going to be amazing.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1007 on: April 27, 2016, 05:24:17 AM »

Must...finish...Ys II..

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1008 on: April 27, 2016, 10:00:24 AM »

Star Wars: Battlefront II (PSP) - Back to grinding through Galactic Conquest on Elite difficulty.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1009 on: April 27, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »

1 win shy of level 91 in Gems of War. Need to hit level 100 to be finished with leveling. Still need to upgrade a troop to mythic rarity. It is looking like that will take much longer than i had hoped.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1010 on: April 27, 2016, 10:07:45 AM »

Must...finish...EVERYTHING.
Working on Blobster (WP) right now, and have a bunch of stuff I have in progress, such as Parking Mania. I did start playing Sunset Overdrive (XB1), which was fun, but I keep getting interrupted to do things.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1011 on: April 27, 2016, 07:01:16 PM »

SoulCalibur V (X360) - Finally leveled up to D1 in ranked and got my 50th win online...now I just have to figure out how I am going to beat some of the most difficult quick battle opponents. Instead of working from easiest to hardest, I have been keeping a good mix, but I cannot manage to beat anyone ranked A3 or higher. I have a couple of them beat, but it is taking a TON of retries. Only 20,000 steps into the 87,600 step achievement, so at least it is ok if it takes me a while to beat them all.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1012 on: April 28, 2016, 12:38:09 AM »

I'm pretty sure you can use one characters move over and over to beat everyone. I just don't remember who.... You might have actually needed to use 2 characters as one spammer might work better against certain people.

All those fighters blur together....

Halfway thru 91 in Gems of War.

841/1000 Hypercubes in Bejeweled2

I'm not sure if i am capable of real gaming anymore... Been doing so much gems of war and grinding out Chivalry an hour at a time here and there when me and the boosting buddy happen to be on at the same time.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1013 on: April 28, 2016, 12:56:56 AM »

If the movesets were left alone from previous titles in the series, I would be unstoppable after all of the hundreds of hours I spent with Kilik, Taki, and Talim in SCII...but Noooo!...they just had to throw a huge wrench in after SCIV for whatever reason. Ha ha That being said, I had great luck online with Elysium, using her mimicry of Taki, Hilde, and Xianghua very well since they resemble their moves from the older titles, but I am garbage with Tira, Viola, and Ivy, so it was luck of the draw. (I would love to learn how to use Viola well, though...the stuff I have seen used against me with that crystal ball is amazing)

Offline, I have been having luck with Astaroth's range and RB grab attack, but some of the characters just aren't fooled. I wish I had old-school Raphael for a "Y" mashing fest, or Kilik's old moveset. Being able to easily hit High, Middle, and Low with 3 different 3-5 hit combos would have definitely been enough to keep the AI guessing.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1014 on: April 28, 2016, 10:12:17 AM »

They destroyed Talim's moveset after SCII. Cry
"Wind, guide me!"

...for the record, I was 2000+ Wins, ~50 losses in the arcade with Talim. Good times.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1015 on: April 28, 2016, 08:19:31 PM »

played about 30 minutes of my first Dynasty Warriors game, #5 in the series. really really liked it a lot, i don't know where the series has been all my life. excited to try more and others  in the series.

played some of Onimusha 3 Demon Siege and got the same impression as with DW5. It looks story heavy and i was worried about potential spoilers as i haven't played the first 2 games, so i didn't get far. what i did see looked really awesome though!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1016 on: April 29, 2016, 08:46:43 AM »

As a warning tech, Dynasty Warriors 7 was a major change in the series, so DW6 would be the last one that would feel "similar". My favorites were 3, 4, and 5.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1017 on: April 29, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »

Shark Dash (Win 10) - Starting this today.
EDIT: Apparently this game is quite broken on Windows 10 and given that Gameloft don't support titles older then a year, I don't see a patch happening.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:06:42 PM by Link41 » Logged

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1018 on: April 29, 2016, 11:34:38 AM »

They destroyed Talim's moveset after SCII. Cry
"Wind, guide me!"

I definitely used Link a lot more than I care to admit as well, he was too cheap not to use. Ha ha I really did love Talim even though I never really got too good with her complete moveset. I pretty much mastered Kilik though, and started learning how to take Taki to the air during the start of some combos as well.

As a warning tech, Dynasty Warriors 7 was a major change in the series, so DW6 would be the last one that would feel "similar". My favorites were 3, 4, and 5.

I have never actually played a DW game myself, but I have played Ninety Nine Nights and Hyrule Warriors and I have no complaints about them. I usually harp on titles when focus is taken away from the story in favor of the action, but unlike most FPS titles that I hate for that...the couple games I have played from this genre were definitely more personalized and tasteful with the balance.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1019 on: April 29, 2016, 03:28:18 PM »

N3 is more fantasy based. DW is actually based off a historical fiction novel (Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which has its own game series that is strategy-based...which also ties in with Nobunaga's Ambition and Kessen...and others...), so they HAVE to be centered around the story in some aspect.

OKAY, SO I HAVE THE TRANSLATED NOVELS, AND MOST OF THE GAMES... They're still fun.  Tongue DW7 and DW8 felt more labored than the previous iterations, and I wasn't a fan of how they changed up some of the characters. I dipped my toes into Three Kingdoms with Nobunaga's Ambition on SNES, and later fell in love with DW2 and 3. My neighbor and I spent 300 hours maxing out every character in DW4.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:31:36 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length