RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:37:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849682 times)
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1485 on: September 23, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »

True Story: I only recently learned how to use the cape to fly in Super Mario World because I had misinterpreted "use Left and Right to fly" as "use L and R to fly".

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #1486 on: September 24, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »

Hi, I cannot remember the last time I posted here. LOL
I came here to check the database for a friend, anyway, hello. I no longer have any sort of a collection, but still love the old video games, and have just bought Rare Replay for the Xbox one, and after playing Atic Atic on and off for over 30 years, I have finally finished it, (even if I did have to use a walkthrough from Xbox achievements).

Maybe I'll even finish Jet Man!

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1487 on: September 25, 2017, 02:45:30 PM »

Hi, I cannot remember the last time I posted here. LOL
I came here to check the database for a friend, anyway, hello. I no longer have any sort of a collection, but still love the old video games, and have just bought Rare Replay for the Xbox one, and after playing Atic Atic on and off for over 30 years, I have finally finished it, (even if I did have to use a walkthrough from Xbox achievements).

Maybe I'll even finish Jet Man!

If I ever end up getting a Xbone, that will be the first title I pick up for it.

Anyway, I've been mooning around, debating on whether or not to get a 2DS XL (which I kind of want, and at some point will need), or just get a bunch of games and deal with the crappy 3DS.  To possible setup for the second decision, I've been playing through a bunch of my 3DS titles. Over the weekend I finished Attack of the Friday Monsters! (again), Nano Assault EX, and Snoopy's Adventure.  I'm working on Adventure Time - Hey Ice King game (awesome title, should finish it by the end of the week).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1488 on: September 27, 2017, 07:41:38 AM »

Everybody's Golf - I really like this game. This feels like a Nintendo made title. This series used to be called hot shots golf in the US. Buy it if you can find it on the cheap.

Marvel VS Capcom - The gameplay is good but some of the character models are terrible. The voice acting is so bad it's good. I've heard there are 33 dlc characters coming so it may best to wait for the complete edition.

NBA 2K18 - A good game but the micro transactions really bother me.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:44:08 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1489 on: September 28, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »

The Last Guardian - I finished the game and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

Sonic Mania - I had to quit playing this game because I just wasn't enjoying it.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I think it was mostly the level designs I didn't like.

Yakuza Kiwami - Approaching the 10 hour mark and still really enjoying it.  I don't think I like this game quite as much as Yakuza 0, but it's still great.

The Walking Dead - Just finished Episode 4.  I played this game before a few years ago, but it's really surprising to me how little I remember about it.  There are entire characters and plot points that I don't recognize at all.

Metroid: Samus Returns - I'm really enjoying this game, but I have some grievances that keep it from being on the same level as Super Metroid for me.  I find navigating the environment to be pretty tedious most of the time, and the Metroid fights can be pretty annoying.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Really fun game, but I'm at the end of World 3, and I feel like the game is beginning to wear out its welcome.  I'm at the final boss of World 3, and it's a pretty annoying fight.

Shining Force II - I don't think I've made much progress since last time.

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - I recently bought a PC Engine Duo and a copy of Rondo of Blood.  The controller that came with the console wasn't the best, so I bought a highly recommended third party controller to use instead.  Rondo of Blood is pretty much the only game I own for the system right now, so obviously I used that to test the new controller and had a hard time putting it down.  I played through the first few levels, so I might as well finish it now.  It's definitely one of the better games in the series.  I like this game more than 3, but not as much as 1 or 4.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1490 on: September 28, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - I recently bought a PC Engine Duo and a copy of Rondo of Blood.  The controller that came with the console wasn't the best, so I bought a highly recommended third party controller to use instead.  Rondo of Blood is pretty much the only game I own for the system right now, so obviously I used that to test the new controller and had a hard time putting it down.  I played through the first few levels, so I might as well finish it now.  It's definitely one of the better games in the series.  I like this game more than 3, but not as much as 1 or 4.

Which controller did you buy?  I'm in the market for new PC Engine controllers, myself.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1491 on: September 28, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - I recently bought a PC Engine Duo and a copy of Rondo of Blood.  The controller that came with the console wasn't the best, so I bought a highly recommended third party controller to use instead.  Rondo of Blood is pretty much the only game I own for the system right now, so obviously I used that to test the new controller and had a hard time putting it down.  I played through the first few levels, so I might as well finish it now.  It's definitely one of the better games in the series.  I like this game more than 3, but not as much as 1 or 4.

Which controller did you buy?  I'm in the market for new PC Engine controllers, myself.

The Hori Fighting Commander PC.  I heard it was expensive, but I grabbed one from ebay for $50, which was a better price than I expected.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1492 on: September 28, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »

Which controller did you buy?  I'm in the market for new PC Engine controllers, myself.

The Hori Fighting Commander PC.  I heard it was expensive, but I grabbed one from ebay for $50, which was a better price than I expected.

Ah, you can never go wrong with a Hori.  Nice grab.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1493 on: September 29, 2017, 07:21:30 AM »

Marvel VS Capcom - I like the Xbox version a little better but it's probably because I like the Xbox controller better for fighting and FPS games.

Lego Ninjago - Initial impressions:  It's enough of a departure from the Lego Formula to be worth a try if you have kids. There are light beat em up elements that make combat varied compared to previous versions but it's still light on depth. Each level has a hub where you can partake in side missions and they are large compared to other Lego games but it comes at a cost. The load times are long. Several minutes long.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1494 on: September 30, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Just finished this game today.  I think it may be my favorite classic Castlevania now, but I may still like Super Castlevania more.  I need to play it again soon and see which one is my favorite.

The Walking Dead - Just finished Season 1 last night.  Still a solid title.  I want to play the 400 Days bonus episode before moving on to something else since I've never played through that before.

Metroid: Samus Returns - For me, this has been a game that gets more fun as you play it.  It's a pretty hard game, but I just found a bunch of upgrades all at once that is making things much easier.  It's so satisfying now to be able to run through the environments without worrying about dying so much.  Overall, this has been a great game and I hope to see more 2D Metroid games in the future.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - I'm a little ways through World 4.  This is a fun game, but I'm hoping to wrap it up soon.  I'm not sure how much I have left though.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1495 on: September 30, 2017, 06:02:54 PM »

Marvel VS Capcom - I like the Xbox version a little better but it's probably because I like the Xbox controller better for fighting and FPS games.

Lego Ninjago - Initial impressions:  It's enough of a departure from the Lego Formula to be worth a try if you have kids. There are light beat em up elements that make combat varied compared to previous versions but it's still light on depth. Each level has a hub where you can partake in side missions and they are large compared to other Lego games but it comes at a cost. The load times are long. Several minutes long.

Man, I wish I had MvC Infinite. But I'm curious, where do you buy your games? I've seen those yellow stickers on most of them, so I've been wondering where they come from.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1496 on: October 01, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »

Bought Battlefield 1 mostly because my Brother-in-Law has been wanting to play games with me. I am pretty terrible at shooting but found my niche as a medic. I am also into the WWI setting

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1497 on: October 01, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »

I have two copies of Rushing Beat Shura.  At least, I think I do.  I've never seen them in the same place at the same time.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1498 on: October 04, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »

Metroid: Samus Returns - Just finished this game yesterday.  It was very good overall.  Many of the bosses were really annoying though.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1499 on: October 04, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »

Finished Link's Awakening DX on my 2DS XL today.  Felt great to finally put this one in the bag, even though it was the GB version I originally played.  I just got Demon's Crest and Super Metroid VC the other day though, so I think I'll jump on those next.

Metroid: Samus Returns - Just finished this game yesterday.  It was very good overall.  Many of the bosses were really annoying though.

Despite thinking that Metroid AM2R looks a lot more fun, I plan on getting this game.  First I have to try and find all those other 3DS games I want that are difficult to find new (like Link Between Worlds).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:43:31 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length