RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:30:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | No Reservations/Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No Reservations/Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain  (Read 2127 times)
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »

These shows are the only reason I have Netflix- although I do like the "Inside ______" shows as well as the occassional one-off documentary (I liked The People VS George Lucas a lot). The very first episode he is in Beirut and jet fighters bombed the airport so he and his crew were stuck in a hotel for at least a week. The Israel/Palestine episode is really good too. You get to see the perspective from *real* people on the ground over there, not a journalist whose company is influenced by outside parties or some fake politician. One thing I found interesting was that in Beirut, they are very Westernized and were even partying while Israeli jets bombed the shit out of their neighborhood.

The show has opened my eyes to places I never even really knew about- Myanmar for example. That place looks absolutely beautiful.

anyone else watch it?

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »

Me and my Wife watch it, its pretty good, I like Parts Unknown a little bit more because its more about the place and less about the food.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 01:53:02 PM »

I've watched a bit of No Reservations, but I haven't really got into Anthony Bourdain since Cook's Tour.  Have you read any of his books?  I've only read his first two but he has a ton now.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 02:00:52 PM »

nah I don't read any books at all but I've been meaning to

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 03:14:06 PM »

I used to watch No Reservations. I mostly watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern instead, these days.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length