RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:51:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7  (Read 349785 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #855 on: July 21, 2023, 08:06:15 AM »

Did someone say hugs!? Oh, it was Zag, nevermind. How are you guys at like 10,000 posts? You just super involved in discussing Intellivision variants? A lot of back an forth on if slightly different card stock counts as a separate item?

There are quite a few RFG people on the Discord. Bickman is there and seems available even if he doesn't chat much, it is his channel after all. I keep meaning to catch up on all the activity on the forums and post more. I had two things keeping me away for a while, one was when flickr capped the file limit and I wasn't happy with any other free service so I couldn't post pictures as easily. And then I was super busy for like 6+ years, like all my minutes were full.

I should use some of those neat emojis while I'm here:

ninja ninja ninja ninja leo
 rofl Afro

Get back to posting!  I switch to Imgur after the service I was using (can't remember which one) started capping or charging for their service.  Zag was the one who told me about Imgur.  Go check it out.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #856 on: July 24, 2023, 11:03:45 AM »

Bummer no one is approving submissions anymore. Crazy to have a database of pretty much 40 years worth of gaming history and then it peters out and becomes incomplete around the 2020s.

Running out of games to buy.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #857 on: July 24, 2023, 02:25:40 PM »

Bummer no one is approving submissions anymore. Crazy to have a database of pretty much 40 years worth of gaming history and then it peters out and becomes incomplete around the 2020s.

Over 50 years if you count the original Magnavox Odyssey console and Pong arcade cabinet.

Speaking of time-based milestones: I wonder if anyone will even be around to celebrate RF Gen's 20th anniversary next year...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 02:28:37 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #858 on: July 24, 2023, 04:18:06 PM »

Ouch.  Um, I've approved hundreds of subs over the last several months, and we are currently sitting at 6 in the queue...

Keelah se'lai
koola6
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #859 on: July 24, 2023, 04:25:50 PM »

although im not staff, i still very much support rfg and have been tryna keep the site alive with new blogs every month
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #860 on: July 25, 2023, 12:14:45 PM »

Ouch.  Um, I've approved hundreds of subs over the last several months, and we are currently sitting at 6 in the queue...

My apologies @slackur . I am very grateful for you approving submissions still! I wasn't sure it was still occurring since I'm not sure how active anyone is anymore. Did not mean to offend! Thank you for still doing the needful!

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #861 on: July 25, 2023, 03:20:51 PM »

My apologies @slackur . I am very grateful for you approving submissions still! I wasn't sure it was still occurring since I'm not sure how active anyone is anymore. Did not mean to offend! Thank you for still doing the needful!

Lol it's OK, I am also as discouraged as any of our longtime RFGeners as to the lack of community the site once enjoyed.  My current schedule has me at the point to where I can spend the time in the forums/on articles or db work, but rarely both.  So, at the moment, I'm helping with sub approvals and edits here and there and trying to not let the queue stay in the double digits.  I check the site at least a few times a week, even if i don't get a chance to post.  My son Koola6 has been pretty active here when he can as well.

It is my hope to help produce more community content in the future, and I guarantee RFG will never have the plug pulled if I can do anything about it.  But for this season of time, it seems we are in a sort of low-power mode awaiting for the interest and manpower to press the power button again Cheesy

Keelah se'lai
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #862 on: July 26, 2023, 07:17:44 AM »

Fair enough. Those are encouraging words to here. Thank you!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #863 on: July 31, 2023, 06:06:18 PM »

I found myself rather amused when this song came on over my credit union's sound system while I was waiting for a teller:

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #864 on: August 01, 2023, 07:02:16 PM »

Dang, I forgot about that song.  I wanna be rich!

SMS set complete!
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #865 on: August 14, 2023, 12:05:08 PM »

Me too. I got married and honeymooned in Jamaica so now I'm poor. lol

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #866 on: August 14, 2023, 07:26:47 PM »

Me too. I got married and honeymooned in Jamaica so now I'm poor. lol
Something something rich where it matters something Wink

Keelah se'lai
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #867 on: October 07, 2023, 11:06:25 AM »

Guys I'm old and dumb, how do I find the RF Gen Discord? Is there a link I need?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #868 on: October 07, 2023, 10:56:36 PM »

Guys I'm old and dumb, how do I find the RF Gen Discord? Is there a link I need?

Can't you just search for RF Generation on Discord?

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #869 on: October 09, 2023, 02:29:14 AM »

Can't you just search for RF Generation on Discord?

NO DON'T TELL HIM! THEN HE'LL JUST POST ON DISCORD AND COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT THIS PLACE!

AND IF HE DOES... IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length