RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:26:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Opie and Anthony 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Opie and Anthony  (Read 1652 times)
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:01:12 PM »

Any fans?

I was a Stern fan for a couple years before Anthony got fired- once that happened and I read his tweets, I checked out their old shows and couldn't believe how much better the material was than Howard.

Opie Radio is decent enough, but without Anthony, they're really missing a huge element of what made the show great to begin with.

I'm listening to the Decade of Dominance video on Youtube right now. These guys are so much fun to listen to. They would be the life of the party anywhere they would go.

my favorite video is when they talk about the Nigerian scams. The OJ Simpson book segment was really good too.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 10:26:28 PM »

I gave them a try for a couple weeks a few years back, and but didn't find them particularly interesting. I've always dug Jim Norton's personal stories and stand-up, though.

I'd been a Stern listener ever since he hit the local airwaves in the early 90s. Kinda lost interest in the show a year after Artie Lange departed. I get the occasional hankering for the late-80s and 90s  Gilbert Gottfried segments, though, which I'll listen to on YouTube every once in a while.

I'm not really into talk radio at all nowadays, pretty much just music and some local sportscasts.
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 11:06:55 PM »

I gave them a try for a couple weeks a few years back, and but didn't find them particularly interesting. I've always dug Jim Norton's personal stories and stand-up, though.

I'd been a Stern listener ever since he hit the local airwaves in the early 90s. Kinda lost interest in the show a year after Artie Lange departed. I get the occasional hankering for the late-80s and 90s  Gilbert Gottfried segments, though, which I'll listen to on YouTube every once in a while.

I'm not really into talk radio at all nowadays, pretty much just music and some local sportscasts.

Jim Norton is funny but the only thing I don't like about him is that he tries too hard to be the "middle of the road" guy. Anthony would go off on his right-wing fanatic rant and then Jimmy would bust in with something to bring down Ant from his pedestal. Opie and Anthony worked really well as a team because Anthony was always the funny, excited one and Opie was the cool and calm one.

Howard Stern is a very intelligent person but he's nowhere near as entertaining. the last time I tuned in he was going on about AGT and his favorite HBO shows. his best days were when he'd bring on Elliot Offen and when Artie Lange was on the show. I think his show has just gone down the shitter and I think it probably started when Stuttering John left

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length