RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Strategy Guides 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strategy Guides  (Read 7023 times)
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 31, 2019, 03:06:07 PM »

As I have seen mentioned the interest and maybe eventual addition of strategy guides to the database, god knows when, but still I would love that.

But if/when this does happen I am guessing it will be like the games and hardware in that we will want our own scans and images of them and not take from other sites.

With that in mind, if I feel like it, should I start documenting and scanning the ones I have? I could keep them for the future or send the information and pics to a staff member for them to have on file if it ever does happen.

Just throwing that out there, being bored a lot and all! I would consider this part of my hobby as I do scanning the games and everything.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »

Hold on to them, can't speak for the rest of the site but I don't think it would hurt to have them handy. You can compress them if they're taking up too much space as well.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:49:14 AM »

It's a potential wish list feature, so if you want to do some high quality scans and hold onto them, it couldn't hurt. There are no immediate plans for this at this time.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 09:16:12 AM »

You can always add them as extra media to the game entry as others have done in the past.

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 12:41:47 AM »

You can always add them as extra media to the game entry as others have done in the past.

I had never thought of that, I guess I will maybe do that. Anyways, I plan on being here as long as the site is alive and I am too and have access to it! So maybe someday, and as I said I enjoy documenting this stuff since its part of the hobby for me. So I will take some scans and document stuff like ISBN and UPC codes and tuck them away for now.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length