RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:45:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | OPERATION: RESET. - help rebuild a collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: OPERATION: RESET. - help rebuild a collection  (Read 53054 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 02, 2019, 06:24:10 AM »

A fellow collector lost everything in a fire. See full story here. https://www.rfgeneration....m/index.php?topic=19195.0.  I know I have a lot of doubles I can help on the Sega side, and I assume everyone here has a bin of doubles they could help out him out with.   So I created this post for those who can help out and donate.   We can have a tally at the top for what he has and what has been offered so there are no doubles, just goodness.  

Thanks everyone in advance!

DONATIONS:

douglie007 - Genesis model 2, Genesis games lot, Atari 2600 games, DS/3DS cases

singlebanana - Ecco the Dolphin (Gen), Double Dragon III (GB), Worms World Party (PSX), Apocalypse (PSX), Final Fantasy VII (PSX), Cubix (PS1)

MetalFRO - XBox console??, Sonic Mega Collection (GC), Naruto (Ps2), Simpsons Hit & Run (PS2), Lego Hobbit (WiiU), Blazing Angels 2 (360), Renegade (NES), Milon's Secret Castle (NES), Kung Fu Heroes (NES), Skate or Die (NES), Spy Hunter (NES), Section Z (NES), 360 Platinum Hits Lot, PS1 & PS2 GH lot

Disposed Hero - NES games: Duckhunt, MT Punchout!, Final Fantasy, Contra, SMB2, SMB3, Double Dribble, Tetris, Castlevania II, 150 in One cart, SMB/DH

Wempster - N64 console??, games??

Zagnorch - SNES console, SMB/DH (NES), Cobra Triangle (NES), Uncharted 2 (PS3), Super Mario Galaxy (Wii - IB only)

slackur - Gen and Atari stuff??, A2600 console, SNES console, NES console, PlayStation console, Genesis console

Kam1Kaz3 NL77 - PYWS Contest $60 prize, game(s) of your choosing
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:37:54 AM by singlebanana » Logged

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 01:04:10 PM »

Ok so it's not the same games you had before, but it will get you over the count of games.  I have a Genesis model 2 I'm getting ready for you also. And some atari games.  I might need to ask for help with shipping just because money is tight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 01:45:15 PM »

I have a box of extra games that I'd be willing to help out with.  Doug, can you get in touch with Lee to find out what systems he still has?  I recall he made it out of the house with his Switch, but beyond that I am not sure.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 02:07:12 PM »

I have a box of extra games that I'd be willing to help out with.  Doug, can you get in touch with Lee to find out what systems he still has?  I recall he made it out of the house with his Switch, but beyond that I am not sure.
I asked him to post what he was able to save in this post so before we send any I want to see what he was able to save.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 02:26:13 PM »

Good idea. I have a couple Atari variants I could probably give, as well as possibly some NES variant dupes, and possibly some PS2 and Xbox stuff. The only working duplicate console I have to give right now is an Xbox, and I'd have to verify that, but that could be a possibility.

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 07:12:06 PM »

Hey all.

I was only able to rescue my 3DS and Switch, and all their games, because they're all stored together for portability. (All my 3DS/DS games I carry in an old GBA backpack I picked up at a Goodwill awhile back.)

Literally everything else was reduced to ashes, completely unsalvageable.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 07:51:35 PM »

I should have some stuff to donate to the cause. I'll go through my things this weekend.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 09:11:06 PM »

Hey all.

I was only able to rescue my 3DS and Switch, and all their games, because they're all stored together for portability. (All my 3DS/DS games I carry in an old GBA backpack I picked up at a Goodwill awhile back.)

Literally everything else was reduced to ashes, completely unsalvageable.
Is insurance going to help with some of the replacement? Also are you good with the Genesis games I found for you?

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 08:42:35 AM »

Oh man, yeah, that's a great selection. Thanks so much!

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 11:14:03 AM »

I'll take a look, I think I have a few N64s. Let me make sure I got everything for them.  Maybe even a few dupe carts.  Did you collect boxes and manuals too or just carts?
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 08:03:22 PM »

I'll take a look, I think I have a few N64s. Let me make sure I got everything for them.  Maybe even a few dupe carts.  Did you collect boxes and manuals too or just carts?

A little of both, tbh. A lot of my collection were complete, but just as many were cart only.
I'm already planning to eventually start trolling Ebay to replace all my 3DS and Switch game cases, but it'll be a while yet before that starts.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 03:45:43 AM »

I have some ds empty cases, what ones do you have

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 09:05:41 AM »

Well, most of my DS collection was cart only, but I did have the case for Magical Starsign, and both case and manual for Radiant Historia.
If you have extra cases for the DS Dragon Quest games, though, I could certainly use them. I have DQ 4, 5, 6, and 9 for the DS.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 02:34:56 PM »

Well, most of my DS collection was cart only, but I did have the case for Magical Starsign, and both case and manual for Radiant Historia.
If you have extra cases for the DS Dragon Quest games, though, I could certainly use them. I have DQ 4, 5, 6, and 9 for the DS.
Ok I dont have them, but i do have these. First picture is the 4 extra cases I have and the 2nd is the cases I have after the games where stolen out.

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 04:35:28 PM »

Of those cases, the ones I used to have were Bravely Second, New Super Mario Bros 2, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party Island Tour, Super Mario 3D Land, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Super Smash Bros 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Final Fantasy IV, A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask 3D, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Sega 3D Classics.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length