RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:05:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Catalog Database... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Catalog Database...  (Read 10219 times)
MaHaBe
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: November 13, 2019, 07:44:24 AM »

How about a Way to store the various Company Catalogs that came with Games or Consoles back in the Day.
For me Specifically, would be like the Various Atari Lil Books, Parker Bros. Had one.
Even the System Manuals and other such items.
Is there a way we can add these to our Collections so we can keep better track of them?

Thanks
Love the Site!!
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »

Its been discussed before about having a Literature database: strategy guides, magazines etc.

There seems to be a lot of support for the idea but unfortunately there's no one available to actually do the work to add this
MaHaBe
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:21:48 PM »

Is there something we can do to help? Is this site like Wiki? where we can update items?
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 12:14:49 PM »

Probably nothing you can do to help unless you can do coding and are willing to donate time. This is beyond my technical knowledge and beyond my "clearance level" (I just approve submissions). But if anyone ever thinks they can assist with the site I'm sure the high ups would be more than happy to speak with them
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 10:25:13 AM »

There has been discussion about books/manuals/guides in the past. The biggest part of the issue is that we most likely need some database work done on the back end to support it. There have been some conversations about it though.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length