RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:27:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | 2020 RF Generation Fund Drive & Raffle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2020 RF Generation Fund Drive & Raffle  (Read 11383 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: February 11, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »

HEY KIDS!  If you have been following the front page, you know that it's time again for the RF Generation Fund Drive.  Some of you have already made some generous donations, but we still have a ways to do to reach our $1500 goal.  If you are able, please consider contributing to our site. Whether it's a large amount, or a few bucks, all donations are equally appreciated.  Money collected during the fund drive goes to server costs and allows us to pay for prizes for our annual Pain Yourself With Submissions Contest.  Surplus amounts are held for future server costs and potential site improvements.  Your donations also help to keep our site ad free, so that you are able to surf our pages freely without constant pop-ups and interruptions. Help us keep RF Generation a free site for years to come as was the wish of our founder, the late Michael Collins.

This year, we are once again instituting a prize raffle for those who donate. For every $10 donated, that donor will receive a ticket for the raffle (i.e. if you donate $40, you will receive 4 entries). At the end of the donation drive, names will be randomly drawn from the entries (drawing to be videoed) and winners will be allowed to select the lot of their choosing based on draw order. For instance, the first name drawn will select their lot first, the second name drawn will select their lot second, and so on; the last name drawn will receive the final, remaining lot. Participants will only be allowed to win one (1) lot, so if your name is drawn more than once, you will retain your highest selection position and another name will be selected.  Winners should expect to pay the cost of shipping for their items unless the donor offers to ship for free.

Please stay tuned to the front page for Donation Drive updates and a list of prize lots (the 1st update is coming February 13th). Donations will be applied to the prize raffle until February 29th, but of course, you can donate any time of the year.  Once the prize lots are announced, I will include them in this initial post.

You can donate HERE.  Afterwards, please send a PM to singlebanana to let him know the email address you used to donate so that he can track it for the raffle and thank you on the front page.  Amounts of donations will not be disclosed.

Thank you for your support,

singlebanana, bickman2k, & Duke.Togo

PRIZE LOTS:

Lot #1 - Big Ole Box O' Retro Lot (donated by singlebanana)
2600 Games - Spider-man, Circus Atari *no controller info variant, Target Fun, Warlords, Football, Reactor
Plug-ins - 2600 Controller, 2600 Paddles, Activision
Warcraft III (PC)
Genesis Games - Samurai Showdown, Joe Montana Football, Tecmo Super NBA Basketball, Sports Talk Football, Tommy Lasorda Baseball, Toe Jam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron, Troy Aikman Football, Evander Holyfield Heavyweight Boxing, Wiz 'N' Liz, Fatal Rewind, Pebble Beach Golf Links, College Slam, Jeopardy! Sports, David Robinson's Supreme Court, Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, Sports Talk Baseball, Chi Chi's Pro Challenge Golf, RBI Baseball '94  
Genesis 31 box art inserts , and 11 manuals
Microvision games - Blockbuster & Bowling
Mix of different console manuals, inserts, psoters, and other documents
Bag o' M.U.S.C.L.E. men  

Lot #2 - Sixth & Seventh Generation Lot (donated by MetalFRO)
Warriors of the Lost Empire (PSP)
Ratchet & Clank: All For One (PS3)
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Legend (PS2)
Call of Duty: World at War - Final Fronts (PS2)
Lego Batman 2 (360)
Reckoning (360)
Sonic Genesis Collection (360)
Disney's Cars (GC)
Max Payne (XBox)

Lot #3 - XBox One Lot (A) (donated by Disposed Hero)
A Plague Tale: Innocence (sealed)
Anthem (sealed)
Battlefield 1
Killer Instinct (sealed)
Metro Exodus

Lot #4 - XBox One Lot (B) (donated by Disposed Hero)
Prey (sealed)
Rage 2
Recore: Definitive Edition (sealed)
State of Decay 2 (sealed)
Valkyria Revolution (sealed)

Lot #5 - She's Crafty and She's Just My Type Lot  (donated by singlebanana & russlyman)
Custom video game/found art piece (Legend of Zelda themed)
Custom controller

**early planning stages**

**comes matted and framed**

Lot #6 - PS4 & N64 Lot (donated by Addicted, bickman2k, and russlyman)
God of War code (PS4)
Doom [Walmart edition] (PS4) sealed
Mighty No. 9 (PS4)
Call of Duty Ghosts (PS4)
DOOM (N64)
Bomberman Hero (N64) *Chernobyl edition.....

Lot #7 - Famicom Lot (donated by Mr_Stubbes)
Honeybee converter (NES --> Famicom) and the following games:
Atlantis no Nazo - Cart, Box, Manual, Tray, AD insert, and Bag.
Famicom Doubutsu Seitai Zukan! - Cart, Box and, Manual
Hatris - Cart, Box, and Manual
Ninja Jajamaru-kun - Cart, Box, and Manual
Ninja-Kun: Majou no Bouken - Cart, Box, and Manual
Takeshi no Chōsenjō - Cart and Box

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:28:58 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:26:24 AM »

Prize lots up!  Pictures coming soon

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 10:08:09 AM »

Prize lot photos loaded.  Remember, every $10 you donate during the fundraiser earns you a ticket into our raffle!

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:06:34 AM »

Not going to lie, lot #5 has me very intrigued. Can’t wait to see what you two put together for that!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »

I think that whoever gets that lot will have some cool pieces for their gameroom. It's probably the lot I would pick even though o e of the pieces is mine. 🤣

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 07:30:54 PM »

Just donated 20$ to help out my favorite site on the internet.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »

Posted a pic of the custom art piece that I am donating.  I will be conducting the raffle soon. Thanks to all who donated and good luck!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 02:12:00 PM »

Good afternoon all,

The past few weeks have been total chaos for me as I know it has been for most of you.  I will be doing the drawing in a few minutes and recording it, so I hope to have the video up here this evening or tomorrow. Best of luck to you all!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 02:55:42 PM »

Alright, here are the results. Congratualtions to all of our winners this year and a special thanks to EVERYONE who donated!  I will be reaching out to all the winners soon to choose their prizes.

**Sorry, I had to do two video. My phone cut off in the first one, which you will see. I didn't think it was fair to the names drawn to put all of the names back in and record one, solid video.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »

Congrats guys and thanks for doing this!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 01:33:39 AM »

I've called dibs on Lot #7, AKA the Famicom lot.

BTW not that anyone cares, but these will be the very first Famicom games in my collection.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 08:25:18 AM »

BTW not that anyone cares, but these will be the very first Famicom games in my collection.

There are some great Fami games in there.  If you need any recommendations, or cheap games from my local store, let me know.  Also, senseiman on here is great to deal with and has incredible deals.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »

Hey now,

There are some great Fami games in there.  If you need any recommendations, or cheap games from my local store, let me know.  Also, senseiman on here is great to deal with and has incredible deals.

I recall seeing some YouTube profiles of Hatris and Atlantis no Nazo some years ago. And I certainly remember when the infamous Takeshi no Chōsenjō was showcased on the very first episode of GameCenter CX:

Thing is, I recall there being a karaoke level in the game where you have to sing into the mic built into the Famicom controller to be able to advance... maybe. Does anybody know if there's a Honey Bee controller adapter dealie than can help me accomplish this task?
Dark Watcher
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 05:47:42 PM »

So glad you guys are remain funded!
Would like to call dibs on lot#1
Thank you guys and if you hear from Marriott_guy tell him to stay in touch

"He who casts shadows in darkness"
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 05:25:35 PM »

I'll take 5 please.  Also can I get a 2nd just sticker for the nes controller?  I got a green nes controller one year as a secret santa gift and never got a sticker for it.  I was thinking about a tmnt one but contra works

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length