RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:34:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Sega saturn on a hd lcd 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sega saturn on a hd lcd  (Read 2089 times)
Kamino
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:40:12 AM »

So after seeing the PSEUDO SATURN cart, and being that saturn is the only system i miss that a “raspberry pi 4” or my pc cannot emulate prior to og xbox, i bought a saturn.
Any advice on best hookup? I have seen HDMI cables that use RGB. I also saw native vga cords. I do not have or want a cathode ray-tube. Any advice?? My hdtv’s do not take s-video, but my denon surround sound deck takes s video and puts it out on hdmi...
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 08:15:09 AM »

If all you need is a Saturn hookup start with the Rad2X cable. It's the cheapest option that will give you a clean 480P RGB signal to HDMI without adding any lag. IF you decided you want higher resolutions you can always buy a more expensive OSSC.

https://www.retrogamingca...80P-CABLE?search=Rad%202x

The RAD2x is the perfect plug and play low latency solution for connecting your PAL and NTSC Sega Saturn to a modern flat screen television This is a based on the same technology used in the RetroTINK2x with the added bonus of supporting RGB video, and, unlike other all-in-one HD cable solutions the RAD2X correctly interprets the the 240p signal correctly and processes this as a progressive scan image and then line doubles this to 480p. This also benefits from a smoothing feature to enhance 3D games.

Requires a Male HDMI to mini C HDMI cable (not supplied). However we sell a 1 metre cable here.

Specifications:
Formats: 240p/480i, 288i/576i, NTSC / PAL
Input: RGB internally converted to YPbPr
Built-in anti-aliasing LPF
Output: miniHDMI at 480p/576p (line-doubled mode)
Default 4:3 Aspect Ratio
Latency: About 53 microseconds
Audio: 24-bit stereo
Optional smoothing filter with mechanical ON/OFF switch
No need for external power supply*
Fully shielded PACKAPUNCH cable from the console to the RAD2X

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
TimRichert_images
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 05:17:58 PM »

Can't offer specs but I am impressed (for the price) with all the Pound cables I have for my systems. Downside is all the pre DC systems use a USB power supply.

Retro gamer (and by default collector) Hobbyist photographer(I make a buck here and there) car nut and, musicholic.
PS was a member years ago and am now back Smiley
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 05:19:34 PM »

Unfortunately, Pound cables are pretty low quality. If you're not concerned about how nice the picture looks, they work okay, but the RAD2x is a pretty big step up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length