RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:22:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | The misfits - Project 1950 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The misfits - Project 1950  (Read 6902 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: August 07, 2004, 02:19:13 AM »

Just when you think the Misfits can't suck anymore, Jerry Only proves that it can. He got himself the help of Marky Ramone and Dez Cadena and made a punk cover album of 50's songs.
That's right, the mighty people that brought us albums like black flag's damaged, the ramones road to ruin and the misfits Earth A.D./Wolfsblood, now go through life like a bad copy of me first and the gimme gimmes.

The whole cd pretty much sounds awful. The songs have been covered by other bands, in a better way. The sound quality is quite lousy and Jerry Only can't sing.

Probably not content with ruining the memory of 3 great musicians, he also insisted on running Jimmy Destri of Blondie and Ronnie spector into the ground. Both of them have a guest appearance.

The only good thing about this cd was the price I got it for, a little over 10 bucks. And it has a dvd with it.

In short: Avoid this.
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 03:36:53 AM »

i see you took my advice and picked this up... sorry you didnt like it arrr.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 05:13:31 AM »

Did you like it?
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 09:01:55 PM »

i wasnt expecting greatness from the misfits covering old songs from the 50's.
so when i put it in i was alright with it.  
now the DVD was bad... at the show in the snow you could tell that it was planned that the kids would break thru the orange fence holding them back and rush the stage... stupid.

but the CD i listen to all the time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length