RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:57:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 1/21/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: Best system that never made?
Turbo Grafx 16/Turbo Duo   -1 (2.9%)
Sega Saturn   -3 (8.8%)
Neo Geo   -2 (5.9%)
3DO   -1 (2.9%)
CD-i   -0 (0%)
Virtual Boy   -2 (5.9%)
Atari Jaguar/CD   -1 (2.9%)
Atari Lynx   -1 (2.9%)
Nokia N-Gage   -0 (0%)
Sega 32x   -0 (0%)
Sega Dreamcast   -22 (64.7%)
Sega CD   -1 (2.9%)
Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 1/21/07  (Read 6838 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: January 21, 2007, 01:00:53 PM »

What is the best system that never made it big?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:48:58 PM »

I haven't played all of those systems, and there sure are a lot of good ones up there. But I went with the Dreamcast. I got this system recently, and am amazed at how good it is. I think there are enough Dreamcast fans on this site that I don't have to explain my reasons.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:41:17 PM »

When Sega dropped from the hardware race, there was a big hole in gaming in the US.  Xbox replaced the Dreamcast for the more hardcore/fps crowd, but there's still a fairly big hole where those crazy Japanese type games used to be.  Everyone else was afraid to publish them because they thought Americans wouldn't buy them.  They were right.  The DS and Wii have the potential to bring some games from the Japanese market over here.  I think they can do it. 

it's thinking
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:23:50 PM »

Dreamcast is what I voted for. So sad to see all those Sega systems on that list. The DC was ahead of it time with online gaming and has awesome graphics. Has lots and lots of great games as well.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 09:27:32 PM »

^Yeah, it almost seems like the DC and the GC were on par with eachother in terms of graphics.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »

^Yeah, it almost seems like the DC and the GC were on par with eachother in terms of graphics.

That post put you in the Dreamcast title section.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 09:34:46 PM »

I'm sorry, but I'm not following what you are saying.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 09:50:38 PM »

I'm sorry, but I'm not following what you are saying.

Sorry title under your name.

Hydrobond
I have a custom title.
Sega Dreamcast

1600th post gives you the Sega Dreamcast name.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 10:13:33 PM »

Oh, lol.  I didn't even notice it put me into a new category. 

My vote still goes for the Dreamcast.

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 10:50:55 PM »

Dreamcast is the best system that never made it. That is the only system on that list that I play. I play it way more then my Gamecube and PS2 combined.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 11:33:33 PM »

I voted for Dreamcast, and even though I don't own one anymore. I use to love playing it. It had a great collection of games.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 01:29:44 AM »

DC for sure.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 01:53:27 AM »

alright this was a tough decision for me to choose. naturally you would think i would have voted for the DC hence my user name. But 3 months ago i got into the tg-16 and it blows my freakin mind. i love it. plus the tg-1d and duo. overseas it rocked but in the usa it flopped. plus there are still a lot of people that have never played one. if thats not 'never made it' then i dont know what is.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
This Dude Abides
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 03:01:53 AM »

Another vote for DC.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 06:32:03 AM »

I voted Saturn, because it was a huge success in Japan, with it's games outselling Playstation ones, and because the Saturn was really just taking off with it's greatest titles coming out House of The Dead, Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Shining Force III all hit at once, and showed the systems true power, it was on a roll, and that's when Sega of America decided to kill it......  Shocked
Although the Saturn did very well in Japan, even there Sega stole away the two titles that would truly push the system even further than could of been imagined and truly piss all over the Playstation showing a technically superior system dose count. These games were Virtua Fighter 3 and Shenmue which looked absolutely brilliant for a 32bit system.

The Dreamcast also deserves my vote, and probably more so though, it's been noted by many websites and gaming mags as the most underrated system of all time. NEC's graphic chip really did do wonders, and saw the Dreamcast push some ofthe smoothest and most crisp graphics you could possibly want and for it's time was such a huge leap over it's competition the PS1 & N64 with actual textures being introduced instead of just flat polygons with images pasted on them. The system was mind blowing, and for it to have such a short life was nothing short of a crime. In fact the system was killed off so early we would never get to see the systems full potential, the DC is a system I will forever miss.

But like Tynstar said, it's a pity to see so many Sega systems up there... well maybe not a pity the 32x is there.... the poor man's Saturn? Yeah, maybe if it was a hell of a lot cheaper.

But heck, I was one of the few that actually enjoyed all those FMV drenched Mega-CD titles. It was something new, and I was amazed at how they could even have movies and anime like that in a game haha.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length