RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181054 times)
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »

When I sync the only folder that shows anything is Wishlist, and the "Last synced" message only shows up under "For Sale/Trade" (which is empty) ans "Wishlist."

Any suggestions?
Interesting, are you hitting the refresh button next to "All Folders", or the individual ones next to the folders? Or do both behave the same?

Brianstorm99
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 09:18:41 PM »

Interesting, are you hitting the refresh button next to "All Folders", or the individual ones next to the folders? Or do both behave the same?

When I refresh on "All Folders" or "Owned Folders," the progress circle twirls for a few seconds and only "Wishlist" and "For Sale/Trade" show the "Last Synced on" message. When I refresh on "Collection" or either of my custom folders, the progress circle goes forever, including sleep mode or returning to the home menu, but it does stop when I tilt my phone and change the aspect ratio.

I've already tried WiFi/3G, rebooting, uninstalling/re-installing. Thanks so much for your help! I'm a big fan!
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 10:27:02 PM »

When I refresh on "All Folders" or "Owned Folders," the progress circle twirls for a few seconds and only "Wishlist" and "For Sale/Trade" show the "Last Synced on" message. When I refresh on "Collection" or either of my custom folders, the progress circle goes forever, including sleep mode or returning to the home menu, but it does stop when I tilt my phone and change the aspect ratio.

I've already tried WiFi/3G, rebooting, uninstalling/re-installing. Thanks so much for your help! I'm a big fan!

Hmm, there's got to be some game in your collection that the loader thread is choking on... Sent you a PM so that we can try to drill down on this further.

Brianstorm99
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 11:40:49 PM »

With theGrue's help, my problem got solved. If anybody else is having the same trouble, make sure that you are case sensitive when putting in your username.

A million cheers for theGrue and his wonderful apps!
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »

With theGrue's help, my problem got solved. If anybody else is having the same trouble, make sure that you are case sensitive when putting in your username.

A million cheers for theGrue and his wonderful apps!

Strangely, this issue also seems to be preventing me from replying to your last PM. When I click Send, your username switches from "Brianstorm99" to "brianstorm99", then throws the error that it is "Unable to find member 'brianstorm99'."

Anyway, thanks for the detective work! I'll have to bring this up to the site staff as it seems that it may affect more than just my app.

Brianstorm99
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 12:33:14 AM »

Strangely, this issue also seems to be preventing me from replying to your last PM. When I click Send, your username switches from "Brianstorm99" to "brianstorm99", then throws the error that it is "Unable to find member 'brianstorm99'."

Anyway, thanks for the detective work! I'll have to bring this up to the site staff as it seems that it may affect more than just my app.

I think that was probably caused by me changing my account settings while you were trying to PM me. Probably not a real problem. _thanks!
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

Hey, I noticed someone submitted a crash report... Apparently, the collection quantities (qty/box/man) on the site here support decimal places! I didn't even realize that was possible, so it crashed while trying to parse "1.5" to an integer. I'll have to revise my data model to support decimal places, sorry about that!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

I will remove the 1.5 Smiley i just did that because I was missing disc 2 on the 2nd set

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »

Still can't download my collection it just sits there loading. If I dl my xls of my collection can I add it to my android?

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »

So there's been a few bumps in the road, but I think things have been pretty successful with 2.0. How about an upgrade to 2.1?

I re-did the game detail pages and changed out the old image viewer for a new, multi-touch enabled one! It also should work a lot better than the old one did, especially when it comes to hardware information. The tabbed layout was a bit of a hassle to deal with, so I went and just put everything on a single page... We've all got pretty big screens now, right? I may tweak around with it further in the future, but for now I wanted something that matched the rest of the app a little better.

I also put in fixes for a number of bugs, including the decimals in collection quantities issue that hit quite a few of you guys. There are also some miscellaneous fixes to Quick Search and multi-region flags not appearing correctly on certain Android versions. As always the thread is a great place to bring up any issues you might run in to, there's just one of me working on this and I don't always catch everything. Smiley

Still can't download my collection it just sits there loading. If I dl my xls of my collection can I add it to my android?

Hey, sorry I missed this earlier! Your collection is waaay huger than anything else I've ever tested, so I guess I'm not surprised it might cause some issues. Let me know how this update works out for you, if you're still having problems I'll see what else I can do to get you up and running.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 12:00:33 AM »

The new game pages are awesome!  Keep up the good work!
Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 04:07:50 AM »

Great app! I recently got an android phone and the app proved itself on the hunt. Like blcklblskt said, keep up the good work!

Oh No! More Lemmings Skylanders...
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »

So my crashes was in my wishlist because I just 0 in all fields, fix it and now I can see my collection :-) btw love the search with the folders under the name, one thing that would be cool is if when we view our folders it would have the other folders that game is in, would make it easy to find thing I forgot to delete from  other folders

Ps can't wait until I can add new games with app

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 01:00:04 PM »

Well wouldn't know know it...

That's exactly what I was working on! Still deciding on how to deal with adding/editing/deleting, maybe I put some icons in next to each folder, like on the home screen? I'm still playing around with it.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately guys, I feel like I haven't had a free weekend in quite some time, or I'm just too busy out going to yard sales and flea markets when I do. Smiley I think my plan is to get adding/editing/deleting games done for 2.2, then add an advanced search feature for 2.3. I have really been missing the ability to look up which games I don't have, that's for sure.

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »

Oh my god I haven't posted since May? Sorry guys, I guess this is just what summer does to me. I've realized that a lot of the free time I would have for working on the app gets eaten up by going to yard sales, cleaning finds up, listing them on eBay, plus my friends wanting to do things more often... I don't have as many Friday nights to program on like I would in the winter, that's for sure.

But there has been progress since I last posted! Everything is a go with adding/deleting games from your collection as far as with talking to the website... It's keeping everything in sync with the database on the phone that has been a little trickier. You can check if I've actually done anything recently at https://github.com/theGru...Generation/commits/master, there's been some progress there, but I'll admit it's slow. I guess my brain's just used to going into summer vacation mode, despite having had a full time job for the past few years.

Just wanted to let you guys know I haven't abandoned things! In fact, I just picked up a Nexus 7...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length