RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:42:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181097 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »

Yeah, I want more time to develop with...damn summer.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »

Just tried out the app on my new Android phone. It works great! Cheesy

EDIT: theGrue, could you change one thing? When I click on an image, say a Box Front, it shows me the image in full resolution, which means I only see a small part of the scan and not the whole image. Could you set it to show the entire image, regardless of my phone's resolution? People who want to see more detail can of course still zoom in.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:05:28 PM by Sirgin » Logged
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »

I'm having the same problem as douglie007 was having - my collection just won't populate. It seems to be trying, but it just never shows up. My wishlist shows up fine (and is super handy!), but I'd really like to be able to check my collection on the go as well.

edit: I got it to work! The fix mentioned previously worked fine for me too. Today's lesson - read the whole thread next time. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:24:43 PM by InvadErGII » Logged

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 01:00:39 AM »

EDIT: theGrue, could you change one thing? When I click on an image, say a Box Front, it shows me the image in full resolution, which means I only see a small part of the scan and not the whole image. Could you set it to show the entire image, regardless of my phone's resolution? People who want to see more detail can of course still zoom in.
Huh, you should be able to double tap it to zoom out or pinch to zoom. Did you try those things?

By the way, summer's over and I'm back to working on updates. Deleting games from folders is done, but adding new games to folders is taking a bit more work.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 11:15:20 AM »

Huh, you should be able to double tap it to zoom out or pinch to zoom. Did you try those things?

By the way, summer's over and I'm back to working on updates. Deleting games from folders is done, but adding new games to folders is taking a bit more work.
I didn't know about double tapping (haven't had the phone for long) but yes I can zoom in and out by pinching.

Regardless, I think it's preferable to see a zoomed-out full image immediately instead of defaulting to a 100% zoomed-in image that needs to be zoomed-out to make use of. As it is now, I only see the top left-hand corner of each image when I click on an image link. Surely you could change that?
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 07:58:02 PM »

Regardless, I think it's preferable to see a zoomed-out full image immediately instead of defaulting to a 100% zoomed-in image that needs to be zoomed-out to make use of. As it is now, I only see the top left-hand corner of each image when I click on an image link. Surely you could change that?

Believe it or not, I think this was something that Android did not make very easy without totally re-inventing the wheel. But, I'll take another look at it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »

Yay! Also Grue, WP8 will support native code, so porting your app to WP8 should hopefully be simple. It's on my very long list of TODOs once I'm not working 60+ hours.  Roll Eyes

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »

OK, I'm just throwing this out there. iOS app Kickstarter?

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »

If TheGrue wants to create an iOS app version, I'd say a kickstarter to raise the funds would be the ideal way to go.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2012, 09:16:15 AM »

I know bickman's going to be disappointed in me, but I did recently get an iPad as a gift, and I have had my eye on a Mac Mini for a little bit now...

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 08:16:32 AM »

Grue, how comes the API work? Let me know what I can do to help out with that.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »

I would definitely support an iOS app for that since I just got an iPhone.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »

I'd be happy to give a Kickstarter for this some air time on the Collectorcast to drum up more attention. Any ideas on what amount it would take?

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »

Hey, sorry about ignoring Kickstarter talk, but I don't think I'd ever do one. I like doing this as a hobby project outside of my normal job, but I also like to have time for going out, playing games, or even just being lazy. I'm not sure how taking money would make me feel about the balance of all that.

Anyways, I've been working on the app off and on again lately, I just have a couple bugs to squash and then I can put an update out. After that I might either add in some smaller features or switch my focus to the website itself, building an easy to call API backend to eliminate some pain points with getting all the data, plus making it easier to implement on other platforms. I'll probably end up picking up a Mac to do some development on around Christmas. Smiley

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2012, 09:20:49 PM »

An iOS developer account is $99/year. This lets you post apps to the official App Store. You could develop it and put it on Cydia (jailbroken app store) for nothing, but if you want it to be available on non-jailbroken devices, you have to pay annually.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length